Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Prescott La Vie En Bleu 2013

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
Good morning chaps, have a look at this email that arrived today:

Prescott Hill Climbs French motoring festival - Saturday 1 June & Sunday 2 June
Nick Mason (Drummer from Pink Floyd said:
“Despite being called La Vie en Bleu, the event is quintessentially British - a mini Goodwood Festival of Speed set in the glorious Cotswolds - celebrating French cars, but in a British way. Its club motor sport at its best, where visitors can mingle with the cars, speak to the drivers, and watch rare historic vehicles to modern day supercars being pushed to their limits”

On the weekend of Saturday and Sunday 1 and 2 June 2013, the seventh annual pageant of French motoring excellence – La Vie en Bleu – takes place at Prescott Hill Climb in Gloucestershire – the home of the Bugatti Owners' Club.

Highlights include several Bugatti Veyron 250mph supercars, Aryton Senna’s 1986 John Player Special Lotus Renault 98T F1 car, and the Benetton B190 F1 car that took Nelson Piquet to victory at Suzuka. These awesome cars will take to the hill on demonstration runs.

In addition to the on-track action, Prescott will be packed with Bugatti’s, and other rare and exotic French vehicles including: a 1924 Hispano, 1901 De Dion Bouton, 1949 Citroën U23 Tipper Lorry, 1910 AC Sociable, Bugatti EB110, 1929 Vernon Derby, Parisian bus, a Velosolex display and a few exciting surprises!

The paddock will be buzzing with entertainment, with mime artists, French-themed comedy actors, professional can-can dancing girls, to live music from one of the UK’s finest jazz singers - Cate Cody.

The Orchard will be packed of French car clubs including: Renault Alpine Owners Club, Renault Owners Club, Citroen Car Club, Citroen 2CV Club and Peugeot Owners Club to name but a few.

Tickets Prices:
  • Gates Open at 8.00am, first cars on the hill at 9.00am.
  • Advance tickets are currently available online, Adult: £15 (£18 on the gate)
  • Children under 14 yrs old go FREE
  • No dogs are permitted on site
  • Disabled parking available
  • Dedicated parking area for owners of French cars/Stationnement français de voiture
  • The NEW clubhouse will be serving a variety of food throughout the day, along with French-themed food stands.
For further event information, or to purchase advance tickets, please visit http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com

Footage of Prescotts “La Vie en Bleu” can be viewed at: http://vimeo.com/12869941 - (You are welcome to use the link ensuring that you credit Neil Boyle)

Rebecca Leppard (formerly known as Nicholls!)
Director, Eventageous PR Ltd

Thanks for reminding us of this one Tom. Prescott is such a good venue, been to a couple of VSCC meetings there before so I'm thinking I should do this meet this year.

I've been to La Vie En Bleu for the last two years (albeit working there) and I have to say its a great event. Not sure if we are there this year yet as it clashes with another show I should be doing.

Excellent day out if you do go though and one of the nicest venues in the country.

I've checked out the Prescott website looking to see if there is any camping facilities for that weekend at the venue. It does mention La Vie but doesn't make it clear if it's just for competitors or also for us going in a French vehicle to take part in the festivities. Does anybody know for sure, because it would be nice to stay on site.

I've checked out the Prescott website looking to see if there is any camping facilities for that weekend at the venue. It does mention La Vie but doesn't make it clear if it's just for competitors or also for us going in a French vehicle to take part in the festivities. Does anybody know for sure, because it would be nice to stay on site.

To answer my own question, I've been in touch with the Renault Owners Club and it looks like the various Renault clubs have camping areas allotted to them, but non club members can book through the Bugatti Owners Club. I think I've got that right :? Now, who's going to brave the British summer weather?

Ah, I'm glad to hear it David, look forward to meeting up with you. Are you doing Thenay this year?

Hi Brian,

Sadly I'm probably not doing Thenay this year - it clashes with CamperJam which is one of the bigger shows we do so the opportunity to earn a decent amount has to take priority sadly. I'm really annoyed about the two clashing as I really wanted to go to Thenay this year.

That said, CamperJam was a washout last year so if it looks like the same again this year then I'll do a last minute dash to Thenay.

Instead of Thenay I'm going to try and get to Loheac in October instead and will definately get to the 'next' 4L International be that in 2014 or 2015 whenever they decide to run it!

As its a bank holiday and I have little of any use to do, I uploaded a few photos to my Flickr thingy including a few from LVB last year. Thought it'd be nice to share for those who haven't been before.

Renault Avantime by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

R5 GT Turbo & R11 Turbo by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

Gendarmes by Mr Lobster, on Flickr
^Leeesen viry carephilly, I shall say zis only once etc

Ferrari at La Vie En Bleu by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

Renault 5 Gordini Turbo by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

Citroen H by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

Renault 5 SuperCinq by Mr Lobster, on Flickr

I spoke to the organisers about a trade stand the other day, its very wet in the Orchard field and there is much finger crossing that it will dry out in time.
Would add that its a superb event and cannot recomend it highly enough, lots of French car clubs there so bring yours along!

Hello David, I know, shows in Britain are your bread n butter aren't they, so hope to see you at Loheac later in the year, that show was great last year and I fancy doing it again. Nice pics from LVB, love that H van, super colour.
It's a bit worrying with two months to go Stuart and the organisers are concerned about the land not drying out, guess we had better pray for a dry spell. With our weather, no chance eh? By the way, don't forget, any Renault club members here can book a camping pitch via their club.

Back