Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Previous owner and enthusiast

REVO

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I'm from Cali, Colombia but have been living in Miami, FL. the past 5 yrs.
An R4 GTL Master was my 1st car, and probably one of the best well-kept I've seen in my life; it was an '87 or '89 (don't clearly remember), and I modified it with lowered suspensions, custom-painted wheels, Honda CBR-600F2 side mirrors, light window tint, A/C and 100/80W halogen headlight bulbs. It handled really nice and tight.
My 2nd R4 was a '92 or '93 GTL Lider, the last year it was made in Colombia, with the 1300cc engine (quite fast!), slightly reinforced chassis up front, and I believe bigger front break discs and radiator from factory; interior-wise, the door panels were slightly better also. I modified this one as well, basically doing the same as to the Master, plus an exhaust taken all the way to the back with bigger diameter tubing; This one didn't have the Honda side-mirrors and A/C. Additionally, the previous owner, my uncle (Joaquín E. Gómez) added a trailer hitch he made himself with square Chromoly tubing; it used to pull a custom-made trailer made out of the same metal alloy, and which intentionally used R4 3-nut wheels and tires, so the car's spare was usable.

I'm looking forward importing an R4 Lider or late-model Master to the US, since as far as I've read, it's possible to bring cars older than 25 yrs to the States without having to comply with current NHTSA / DOT rules... I'll just have to wait for the laws not to change, and for the time to be right since the Master only started being produced in Colombia around '85 or '86...

Enjoy the pics,
Andrés F. Collazos

Renault%204%20Master%20A.jpg

Renault%204%20Master%20B.jpg

Renault%204%20Lider%20A.jpg

Renault%204%20Lider%20B.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum !.. Cars look suberb. You might be interested in knowing that in this country the same 'master' badge that is used on your R4 is usually nailed on the back of a very large ugly Renault van !

Good to know SOFASA (how the Renault branch in Colombia is called) so appropriate to use the badge on a better looking ride...
The Red GTL has a "Líder" badge (leader in english), although not visible in the pics.
Andrés

Back