Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Prices in France

reo24

Enthusiast
By no means a scientific study, just a quick look on Leboncoin....

'86 L - 5000 euros
'88 Clan - 5300 euros
'89 TL - 7000 euros
'92 4L 41000 kms - 8000 euros
'69 Plein air - 5500 euros
'69 plein air Sinpar 4x4 - 12000 euros
'65 4L with front damage - 10000 euros
'87 JP4 - 11000 euros

Top of the list, though I think it is a mistake:-
'84 F4 van - 16000 euros.
& to think that 18 months ago I sold a mint '92 44000kms ex-army gtl for 1500 euros!!!!!

Don't forget that these are prices that owners want, rather than what buyers are prepared to pay.

I have a local auctioneers who deals in classic bikes. The number that do not sell, because they have been expensively restored and the vendor wants to get his money back and sets too high a reserve, is legion.

With 8 million R4s made, a high proportion sold within France, one would think that there will still be bargains to be had for the person who is willing/able to put in a bit of restoration work.

These prices are very optimistic, I agree, like the one on "Car & Classic" for £3995! It would have to be concourse. But a useable classic like the 4 is still worth more than a Greek government bond. I think that a road ready 4 is worth asking more for than the cost of its tyres & a good service. And, yes, I do have a couple for sale!

French second hand market is hilarious, it's the same for houses, someone will have seen an overpriced, pristine renault 4 at that price and assumed that their 300 000km shed is worth the same, and knowing that they'll be haggled down they bash another few hundred onto the price, if you go through Leboncoin there's always bargains, but they do go fast. I've paid under 300 for two '80s runners with CT's.

French prices

Likewise, I agree the prices realised are a lot more sensible. It is still possible to buy a good runner for a few hundred euros and a near perfect one for 2-3,000 euros. The Rodeos/Sinpars/JP4s etc are always going to be more expensive but rarely in the 10s of thousands !

I think that the 50th birthday will begin a trend of buying and restoration of r4 by last-hour lovers, and this should increase prices. But I can imagine how fast this new r4 fans can be bored by a car owned only as a caprice, and in a few years the market will be full of more or less restored cars asking high prices at the beginning, because the owner wants back the money he has spent on the car, and slowly going down at a normal level... Not a good moment to buy, I think...

Prices

What would my Pickup be worth?...when its finished of course..not that i want to sell, just for insurance purposes.

Back