Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 1983 Chassis

Bobble

Enthusiast
After much deliberation i've decided to retire my 1983 R4 which i bought about three years ago and i did drive it home ( but that's the only trip it made ) i've have been using it for spares since it needed work and at the time and i was running another one and did'nt have the time to do it, anyway the bodywork has gone ( Andrew have some of it ) and now the chassis is for sale if anyone interested, it does need work, front corner behind driver's side A frame, the two rear suspension legs, holes either side, the underside floor pan has never been welded that i can see but will need some on the driver's side as it's getting thin, i hav'nt the time as other things are taking precedent and i've no where inside to store it. here are some pictures of the areas concerned. Also the engine is available, i'm not sure but i think it's a mk 1 R5 engine. As to prices not sure £150 for the chassis and £75 for the engine ? ?
remarks or comments welcome.

• Image041.jpg
    Image041.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 358
  • Image042.jpg
    Image042.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 349
  • Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Image046.jpg
    Image046.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Image047.jpg
    Image047.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Image048.jpg
    Image048.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 341
Hi

If the engine is a MK 1 R5 I might well be interested in the carburetor system off it. Is it still available and if so, how much ( if you want to sell it separately )?

re: carb

Hello again Bobble

I emailed earlier about the carb. Is it a 32IF ( Zenith I think)?

wizzbang

Hi

Hi

I was wondering whether this R4GTL chassis is the type with front brake shoes, if so I was wondering if you would be prepared to sell me the the driver side front stub axle carrier or just the hub (the circular part with the three wheel studs attached to it which carries the wheel bearings).

I can be contacted at: christianebeyer@yahoo.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Chris

Back