Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 disributor connection pc to rod?

orsome

HI !

I am renovating a 77 R4 and now putting 845cm3 motor parts together, work which i began allready by 92'.
Now i began to wonder what pc i should have to connect my Ducellier distributor C4 R284 no 525378A to the camshaft.

The distributorn lower head has one "pin" and there is no place to put it and rotate it.around there in the well there seem to be "russian thread" bore hole.

Anyone having a right explosion dgw pls help me!

I can't find any drawings just at the moment but here are some photos of a very early 750cc distributor. I don't know how similar it is to the later 850cc engine.

• dizzy-mounting.jpg
    dizzy-mounting.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 625
  • dizzy.jpg
    dizzy.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 629
many thanks!

I can't find any drawings just at the moment but here are some photos of a very early 750cc distributor. I don't know how similar it is to the later 850cc engine.

Yes, distributor lower pin is alike, other parts look similar in dimensions, but clearly i must seek a part with a split groove, should it be on the oil pump shaft end or a separate piece?

Many thanks anyway!

Here's a couple of diagrams from the MR175 manual that might help.

The oil pump diagram shows the pinion gear that is driven by the camshaft - red arrow. Clearly the oil pump shaft is splined into the bottom of that.

The dizzy mount diagram shows the same part, red arrow again. You can see the bottom of the distributor shaft near the dimension marked 'A'. It appears that there's a part that sits inside the pinion gear that has the off-centre slot for the distributor shaft - yellow oval

This gells with my memory of a little splined bit that sits in the pinion gear that you could rotate to position your distributor better so it didn't get wedged up against the block. This, however is a 30 year old memory.

Hope this helps a bit

• Oil Pump.jpg
    Oil Pump.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 600
  • Dizzy mount.jpg
    Dizzy mount.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Parts manual concurs

Yep, the parts manual shows it more clearly.
Part number 08 57 509 500, for R1123 & R1126

• Dizzy Sprogget.jpg
    Dizzy Sprogget.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 620

Thanks Geoff, now i do see what i am missing(inside the yellow oval), i must go after the engine repair shop if they still have that pin among their goods.

I'll put my photos here , for anyone intrested, must admit that was quite difficult to get good shot from the dark well.

• IMG_4610.jpg
    IMG_4610.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 598

Geoff- i did ask for this part no: and the outcome was "SLEEVE R5/6", could y control the part no for just for the "PIN" inside the yellow circle?

That's a bit odd. The parts catalogue I used was PR1005 for R1123-R1126-R1128-R1129 1976 to 1982. Which Should cover your '77 model.

Here's the whole page, showing the part numbers on the left linked to the diagram. Item 3 is the relevant one.

I do note that part has a number that doesn't seem to be in the same ranges as the other, which usually means it's a revised / replacement number.

The PR 728 manual lists that part as 6069901. I think that manual only goes up to around '74 though.

I wonder if there's some confusion by your supplier?
Maybe someone else can cross-check the number. I reckon Angel could if he was around.

If you can tell us your model number and vehicle number (on the oval plate) I'll check that against the manuals I've got.

• PR1005 R4 Parts from 76.jpg
    PR1005 R4 Parts from 76.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 576
Geoff is right, this is the correct part number. 6069901 (with the revised part numbering it became 06 06 990 100) was OK for the early clamp-fitted distributor.

I may have one if you can't find it.

Back