Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 F6 1983 off white paint?

blakeyboy

Enthusiast
Hello all!

I have _finally_ been able to start working on the van again.
It is registered as blue, but it was resprayed as a service vehicle before I got it.
The blue has all but been covered up, the interior and engine bay being the original 'off white' sort of colour.

Does anyone have any guesses as to what the 'off white' paint codes are likely to be?
I can then get some small samples maybe to match up.....

b

Hi

There are quite a few whites and more than one off white. There is a list of paint codes on this forum. In addition, the one on Garage de Sylvie is quite detailed with the years certain paint codes were used. Do a search online for: Garage de Sylvie Renault 4 nuancier.

The original paint code (3 digits) was stamped in black to the OS front inner wing at the lower end, opposite the bumper nudge bar. You never know, you might be lucky in finding the paint code still present.

Well, I've had a good search and nothing.
The engine bay and interior is in the same white as the Renault Service colour scheme that the van
is supposedly been painted- black white and yellow,
and the white is supposed to be 355 Arctic White, I think...so I'll try a test touch-up for that.
Franzose does a can of 355, called 'ice'- I have to do an order, so I'll tack that on the order maybe.
Looking for touch-up paint online gives 355 as 'Alaskan white' ...why three names?

I have just noticed that there are 355, 355/71 and 355/82 colours offered.....are the 71 and 82 the year of release?

The one on the left, the blue one(!), is supposed to be 355. The middle one is called 355/71, and the right one is 355/82. I've done the same again in the back of the van so I'll look tomorrow how they match.

Does anyone have a clue why there are three totally different '355' paints?

Mine is white ish (also by aging) and is the 'renault daim' 400-something.
Changing it to a bit brighter anjou orange though

Here are the plates- if anyone can derive a paint colour from these- be my guest!

DSC01947.jpegDSC01946.jpeg

My 1980 F4 van is off white and the code on the inner wing is 319, I bought a touch up from paintnuts on Ebay and it is spot on match.

Back