Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Headlights

The4seeker

Enthusiast
Does anyone know if you can buy the original Cibie dished headlights? One of mine the has badly corroded reflector which will fail the MOT
Thanks

You can try your local Renault garage first. Should still be a current part number, but they are not cheap. Otherwise there are the French, Dutch and German suppliers - the links are on this website. Good luck.

I have not tried Renault, but bought some from Franzose, good price reasonable postage and arrived in 2 days. They are LHD but easy to convert to RHD by cutting a couple of notches .
Allan

I have had a look at the Franzose website and unless the pictures are not clear, none of these lights are correct, the one on my Renualt are Cibie and the glass is dished and not domed.
Its the original style dished glass lights I am after. My local Renalt dealer can get them but he wants £80 each!!!!!!!

Wind Classics in the Netherlands do them for 82 euros each. There are used ones on both French and German eBay. Do Der Franzose still sell the lights? I spotted part number 34307 in the catalogue but I'm not sure it is correct. All the rest look domed from the photos.

I thought they were expensive when I last bought a pair from Renault at £35 each. Looks like it's cheaper to buy a whole car now.

The Franzose lights are dished but not marked Cibie. The are not marked correctly for Germany so are sold as "Export only" They can be cut with a small disc on a Dremel and the light is fantastic, especially with decent bulbs.
Allan

Go to a local friendly Lotus dealer and ask for a MkI Elise headlamp, it is the same as on the R4! :-) :-)

Excellent news for finding those headlights, just a quick question from me are they the right ones for my 1984 TL? One headlight is totally corroded and the other isn't much brighter!

In Desperate need for a headlight!

The Elise ones don't fit as they are missing the two adjusters, and the metal bit at the top that clips the light in place, and the metal tab you see in the picture of the Elise light is in the wrong place.........so the search goes on

That's annoying.

Allan - do you have a link or part number for the Der Franzose headlamps? It's difficult to work out which is the correct one.

Failing that, anyone want to buy an Yvette for the price of two headlamps :D

Macolm thats exactly what I was wondering I went over to Der Franzose headlight section but I couldn't work out which was the correct version either. They do seem to make it very difficult.

Just saw the Elise headlamp on the page you gave, and it seems it will not fit. I had only seen them on the car and thought the mountings would be the same :-(

The only Franzose headlamp that seem to be the R4 one is no. 85073 (all others are additional headlamps.

Yes it is part no 85703 from Franzose, I bought 4 lights a pair for the yellow car and 2 for my F6 29euro each plus 16 euro post
Allan

Back