Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 on Reunion Island..

Q plate

Enthusiast
Not sure if this has been posted before but a friend of mine is over in Mauritius at the moment and sent these pics from nearby Reunion Island.. which I've since discovered is goverened by France which may explain the choice of tough little Expedition vehicle.. I think it needs digging up and saving

IMG-20240229-WA0001.jpg IMG-20240229-WA0000.jpg IMG-20240229-WA0005.jpg IMG-20240229-WA0002.jpg IMG-20240229-WA0003.jpg

Interesting pictures Q plate ! -sad to see it this neglected tho' Hope someone sees fit to save the poor thing... -Reid

He also sent me a short 30 second film clip of it in use at the time with the scientists but via WhatsApp and it won't upload here due to the format

It is really a great asset and nice pictures and I partially agree with @angel
At first glimpse this car could indeed be a real route du monde R4 Iceland volcano expedition, but some car details are inconclusive.
The steering wheel is the second generation 2 spoke applied from 1967 until 1976 but the grey plastic grill was applied from 1983, the door hinges are inside and that's inconclusive as well.
A nice exhibition piece it is but nothing more than that.

It is really a great asset and nice pictures and I partially agree with @angel
At first glimpse this car could indeed be a real route du monde R4 Iceland volcano expedition, but some car details are inconclusive.
The steering wheel is the second generation 2 spoke applied from 1967 until 1976 but the grey plastic grill was applied from 1983, the door hinges are inside and that's inconclusive as well.
A nice exhibition piece it is but nothing more than that.
You are right, it's definitely a later car decorated as a replica of the Iceland expedition car.

-hi guys! most likely a somewhat later kind of "homage" to those earlier expeditions -like Terra Fuego etc.. -Reid.

Back