Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 or 6 Parts

gpovanman

More than a 4 is excess!
Hi All,

I have just bought a 1980 R6 that has been fitted with the later 1108 cc motor. All is pretty good with the car, other than a bit of surface rust, and the fact that the bar or tube that supports the pedals is worn, and every time that you press the clutch, the brake light comes on. I have scanned the usual sites for bits, but does anybody know what the part number is for either the tube, and/or mounting? I would think that the part itself would be fairly easy to fit, but certain sites are in German, and although I speak German to some extent, this does not extend to the technicalities of a R4/6!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

No need to replace that part!
Take it apart (it is a mechanically fairly easy construction) remove the bolt, clean and grease everything and be happy!

David

Thanks a lot for your replies, folks. I am going to do this over the weekend. I have been having a mooch around on the forums over here in Spain as well,and I may have found a couple of places that sell bits for sixes at reasonable prices. I will be getting in contact with them over the next few weeks, and if I find that they are good, I will post them up on here.

Back