Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 questions ... from Australia ...

garyk

I have owned many R4s over the years (none lately) and the R4 is very rare now in Australia.
However, I will be acquiring a 1963 restored R4 in the next few months, and was interested in the value of good one in the UK (RHD). A colleague also has a similar (restored) one to sell.

Maybe worth shipping to there UK to sell? (although the cost may be prohibitive).

Also wondered if 4 speed boxes are available, and what the cost would be?

Happy to liaise & discuss directly (dexy@internode.on.net)

Gary

I have owned many R4s over the years (none lately) and the R4 is very rare now in Australia.
However, I will be acquiring a 1963 restored R4 in the next few months, and was interested in the value of good one in the UK (RHD). A colleague also has a similar (restored) one to sell.

Maybe worth shipping to there UK to sell? (although the cost may be prohibitive).

Also wondered if 4 speed boxes are available, and what the cost would be?

Happy to liaise & discuss directly (dexy@internode.on.net)

Gary
Cost to ship will be 2500-3500 at least as you'll want it to go into a container not roll on roll off - it will incur damage at some point. Then taxes etc. Really not worth it unless you are talking of cars or value 30k and upwards. Doesn't make sense.
Rare? I think saw one on a car rally in ten years I lived there. Very rare indeed.

Yes, the shipping is probably best for high value cars. May apply to a DS23 I have in the pipeline.

I think a good early R4 is probably worth more in Australia, if anything. But the market of buyers will be a lot smaller.

Back