Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Racing R4s

Clementine said:
That's an exciting sounding project. You are doing a lot of the things I had considered. Let us know how the galvanizing goes - I thought about it but worried the heat might distort the floorpans.

How easy is it to fit the GTL differential into the R5 TS gearbox? I've never messed around with differentials. That sounds ideal even for a standard 1400 engine as the 5th gear as standard is lower ratio than the GTL's 4th gear.

Welcome to the forum :D

Well, I wouldn't do a diff-swap on a standard 1400. I think it is just a bit underpowered. I actually did not yet make the swap. But since the TS gearbox is on almost all points identical to the normal GTL gearbox, a diff-swap has to be quite "easy". 130-140 hp has to be enough to take it to the 200+

i get afraid when i am doing more than 160 on the speedo. so i am going actually 0 km/h again :lol:
but it can go faster, but i don't want to..
with goof's configuration he can also mount a dumpvalve..(pssssst)
i would like to see those faces turning when he will shifting :wink:

goof as he tould is doing a total restauration, i just put the engine in a average r4, maybe sometime i will also restaur it. but as most people i have little extra time :(
grtz
cees

sorry for my bad engels hahahahahah. my project
k1.JPG

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a4.JPG

a5.JPG

3.JPG

aa.JPG

bb.JPG

it,s not a renault 4 bud almost the same :shock: [/img]

Your car looks amazing. Real attention to detail. And custom fuel injection! How much power does that produce?

about 280 hp , 8000 rpm . but the compression is 9:1 . I ordered by JE pistons 7,6:1 forget pistons. then i can run 2 bar :D I go for 350-380 hp.
first make some euro,s for the clutch 3 plate.
at the moment 1 sintermetal whit 2 diafragma plates!!

Wow - if it's still the 1.4 engine that makes 200bhp per tonne! And with a power increase 250bhp per tonne. That's amazing. I'd imagine you need to use a different car for driving in town.

Who did the design work for your modifications? I'm thinking you must either be an engineer or have lots of money as that's the nicest conversion I've seen.

i have also a ; mitsubisi carisma - ford courier :lol: :lol:
I dit did al the modifcations my self .
its a 1.6 k7m clio motor whit a special cam shaft (catcams) Ilet them make 1 special for turbopropose. mony hahaha no its take a lot of time 2 years,step by step. see topic forum.
my hobby en allmost my work is bilding turbo,s on motorbikes/cars.al so free programmable injection/ignition.

first jeroen had the original AT engine with a costum built injection, that was already fast.

jeroen maybe you should tell them you already wrecked a gearbox haha :lol:

ps. also note the 4 bolt rims

Jeroen,

I still don't understand why you didn't use a 1.8 16v engine. It can be mounted to the original gearbox quite easily (as I've been told). Make it a 2.0 16v, mount a turbocharger on it and your free programmable enginemanagement and let's rock. I guess such hardware would do the 280 Hp trick easier then the 1.6. Besides, there is allready a lot of tuningstuff around for the 1.8 and 2.0 16v engines.
Power is one thing, how to transfer it to the track is another. I still wonder what you did to the brakes. And for the 4-bolt patern of your wheelhub. Did you use a modified GTT hub? I once heard a rumour that the GTT brakes would fit to an old r5 or r4 as well.

@ goof I dont like the easy way :lol: .for a 1.8 -2.0 16 valve you can get a lot of tuning stuff (thats aesy ) its more fun make your self en engineer it by your own . so I can let peopele see wat,s posibele :o .
en to fit a 1.8 you must modify your body inside . for the 4 bolt hubs ist not a 5 hub .............it,s home made :D

Hey guys, long time no see. Here's another Racing R4 spotted last weekend on the track. It was raced by a good friend and came in second in it's category, after a fierce battle, behind the Scirocco starting behind it in the picture.

• IMAG0024_small.jpg
    IMAG0024_small.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 243
There was racing near us over the weekend. This is the only car that stood still enough for a photo. Somebody said it was a Gordini. What is it?

• 2009_1004endSeptember200900.jpg
    2009_1004endSeptember200900.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 241
on first glance would of said r8 gordini but is actually simca 1000 rear engined from abt 1960 67 ish try google

Yes, a Simca 1000, but it could in fact be a Gordini version. Gordini, "The Sourcerer" worked on Simcas before he started working exclusively on Renaults.

No this Rally 2 was long after Gordini stopped souping-up Simca engines. This didn't mean it wasn't competitive or fun to drive (even with the front suspension having a transverse leaf spring as the lower wishbone...)

No this Rally 2 was long after Gordini stopped souping-up Simca engines. This didn't mean it wasn't competitive or fun to drive (even with the front suspension having a transverse leaf spring as the lower wishbone...)

Hay can you give as a link or a web site were you finde this racing renault 4 please;)and tnx. A em very interested because a have a renault 6 how a want to make a recing car ???

Back