Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Raid to morocco

4Latas

Enthusiast
Altough I spoke about this already in some threads, I think I could speak a bit more about this in this "Events" section. This is because in some of your answers, some of you say you are "too old" and refer as an example some other raid for students in France.

The raid I am on about, is nothing compared to that event. The french raid is a overpriced, overbooked and overvalued raid, where you have a proibitive fee to enter, to get start with, and as I believe, is exclusively for students. Even if I could go, I wouldnt think I would have much in common with people that wasnt even born when this cars started to go for scrap! People to whom "Morocco" is a nice chance of getting some less endorsable smoking products, and leave beer cans all over the desert, while asking "what the hell is this plastic bottle strapped with some rubber bands doing inside the bonnet?"

The Annual Moroccan Raid promoted by the "Amigos 4L" from Portugal, is an event where any Renault 4 user is welcome, and you are sure to have a nice welcome and be considered "family" since the moment you pop in with your R4. There are many grandfathers, and grandsons. Old wrecks,rotboxes, baskets, and pristine pre-70 models. Some SUVs from friends that double as makeshift recovery trucks, and logistics vehicles. We take some CB radios to comunicate, and extra fuel for the desert. Its about friendship and having a good time, stopping at the hours of scorching Sun for a nice chat and a meal, under a tent or on a typical moorish restaurant. Lots of spares and even generators and a welding machine is carried among the convoy.

Unfortunately, this years raid departed yesterday from Lisbon. I missed that. But I intend to be there next year. If anyone wants to join me, I can provide accomodation and full-equipped workshop in Southern Portugal, prior to the departure. Thats where I keep my " R4 Touareg". Any more information on this, feel free to ask.

Meanwhile, take a look at the videos on youtube just by writing "Amigos 4L", or this one as an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MFALLVu13Mo

Have a nice week!

Back