Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear suspension mounts: left = right?

Geoff in the Gully

Getting it together
Hi guys,
I'm about to reassemble the rear suspension for Lucy but have a puzzle to solve first.

I thought the inner suspension mount (see pic) was the same item for both sides. However I was browsing the parts manual looking for something else on the rear suspension and I noticed the left and right mounts have different part numbers.

This made me fear I might be about to reassemble them on the wrong side!

I had carefully marked which was left and right when I took them off but after sand blasting and painting the indicators are no longer visible and I didn't notice that happening.

Does anyone know whether these mounts are in fact different for left and right sides, and if so, how can I tell them apart?

I suppose if I cannot measure any difference it probably won't make much difference . . .
or is that just wishful thinking?

Cheers, Geoff

• DSCF1010.JPG
    DSCF1010.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 161
They should be the same-Difference in partsnumbers only shows Right from Left for logistic purposes I guess... (if I'm wrong I'll be corrected long b4 you're set to install)
-One other aspect you'd have to take into account is you might have to install right on left as everything is upside-down and North is South etc. in Aussiland yes?? c",) -R.

One other aspect you'd have to take into account is you might have to install right on left as everything is upside-down and North is South etc. in Aussiland yes?? c",) -R.

Yeah, I'm right onto that. I'm putting the rear suspension on the front and the front on the rear. Steering is a bit tight though...:confused:

Geoff

Had a closer look today and there is a distinct difference between left and right. The diagrams in the parts manual gave an idea of which was left and which was right but not a good one. At least I could look and the rear end I was replacing to confirm.

Glad I noticed that before putting it all together.
I suppose I should have done this before making my original post:oops:

Geoff

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 113
Back