Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Recommended R4 garage in South England required

Jamie Turner

Enthusiast
I would be grateful for any recommedations for a good garage to service and bring some life back to a 1983 GTL which has been off the road for the past 2 years. Need new seals all round and general service. Otherwise is good nick so no bodywork required. I am based in Wiltshire/Glos but happy to travel within 100 miles or so for the right person.
Mnay thanks
Jamie

Hi Sam

You could try Paul Cunningham (Worthing):

or Derek Flavell (Renospeed, now in Cornwall: 07816 586642)

They're both R4 experts.
Good luck in the hunt!

Hello Jamie - I saw this response in another recent thread if it's of use. I used Derek at Renospeed some years ago when he was in London, and was very happy with the work.

Best wishes, Simon.

There is a Renault garage near to Minehead that has worked on my R4 F4 - a couple of the mechanics there are 'old school' and apprenticed on R4s so loved getting to work on mine rather than just plugging in to a computer. They got mine running sweetly and then I had to have a head gasket replacement with all ancillary work - they even arranged getting some sort of blanking plate on the side of the engine custom made as they couldn't source a replacement. I'd thoroughly recommend and not too far if you're Wiltshire/Gloucestershire. PM me for garage details if you want.

Back