Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 gtl for sale

jeanettejohnson1

Enthusiast
1986 White Renault 4gtl for sale, 225k miles on the clock, on a Q plate, previous owner informed vosa when chassis was changed, have document. Used on a daily basis, so good runner. £950.00 Ono, in Hertfordshire.

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi Jeanette
I'm looking for my first R4 although I've been looking at a higher price bracket, but it would be good to see what yours is like since I'm only down the road.

It may be the Qreg thing that has put people off, I had two Qreg Lambretta's and had the same issue plus I couldn't get classic insurance for them. Hope the sale goes well and you don't have to go to 'we buy any car' as they like to pay about £300 for cars, they offered us £295 for an 02 plate Vel Satis Initiale with 11 months MOT !

I have never had an issue with the insurance and both insurance companies I have dealt with not an issue for the.
It's either we buy any car or its scrapped

really surprised No one wants my car, so we buy any car it is
Remain Kool Jeanette............ not a lot of movement in the Renault 4 market at present. But that's slowly changing for the better. There is a tidal wave of rebellion gaining momentum against modern vehicles with their deliberately buried components. Example: the German manufacturer who wedged an EGR valve between the cylinder banks. 5 and a half hours labour to change @ how much an hour+VAT?? And don't mention diag-bloody-nostics. Hopefully, you have space to keep your brave little car. She deserves better than W.B.A.Car.com!
Duncan is absolutely correct about the "Q" plate switching buyers off. You could ask the DVLA if they can modify your vehicle index number with a "C" or "D" prefix relating to the date of original registration. At £55, it would be money well spent. They are generally a very understanding bunch who have suffered catastrophic job-losses at the hands of our rotten government. I don't live too far from there [20 miles], and I shall enquire just out of curiosity on my next visit. I have an early Suzuki RV125 Dune-Bike on a "Q" .
Good Luck, now and Always,
dave

Well the Q plate would'nt put me off and i don't think it would a true R4 enthusiast, unfortunately i have enough to do at the the moment otherwise
i would have been interested as it does'nt really want scrapping :-(
I know you said the mot is 2016, what's general condition inside and out ?

Don't take this the wrong way but you only advertised it two weeks ago and because it hasn't sold you are talking about WBAC or scrapping it?

Its coming up to the summer holidays which means a lot of buyers priorities lie elsewhere and whilst prices are going up there are only so many people wanting an R4 at any one time and ones that are very good are easier to shift than project cars or anything needing much work.

WBAC will offer around £50 for it - on stuff like this they offer sub scrap money as they aren't interested in retail for them, there isn't an obvious and easy route to disposal for them other than scrap.

Scrap itself is fairly low at the moment so probably £100.

If you are determined that it has to go now and you are happy for WBAC or the scrapman to take it then I'd give you £150 for it despite the fact I have no use, requirement or much in the way of spare cash after Thenay. That still isn't much for an MOT'd R4 I know but its more than the other options and all I can do is park it in my unit until I can do something with it. I'd hate to see a decent UK car scrapped though.

That said, you really need to hang out for a better price - it will sell and £950 for an R4 with MOT to next year isn't bad. Where else have you advertised it?

Jeanette, sorry, been diverted away with life pressures.
I've got to admit I've been swayed away from the R4 path by wife and kids. I had been in negotiations for a Gordini powered R4 from Belgium but the emails dried up for some reason and then started getting pressured to look at small Fiats and have fallen for and purchased a '69 850 model.

From my point of view, the Q plate was an issue, only because I dont personally like them. I would claim to have renovated the original chassis number and claim back the registration.

I think you should up the price and ebay it. I went to see the van in Lincolnshire for £2k and it was shot! never welded, all original but needed so much work. No way would it be MOT'able without a lot of welding. asking under a grand is dropping into 'project' territory rather than justifiable MOT'd useable cars.

Hi Jeanette,

Greetings from Dublin. I'll be in Cambridge next week and would love to view your R4 if you still have it. Please let me know if this is possible.

Kind regards,

William

Back