Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 I would love to own one!

Matt R

Hi have been obsessed with owning a Renault 4 since coming back from France as the nostalgia and beauty of a lovely country fuels my desire to have a little history. I am wondering how I’d go about finding one and how much on average it would cost as I am not a wealthy buyer anyway all comments gratefully received

Hi have been obsessed with owning a Renault 4 since coming back from France as the nostalgia and beauty of a lovely country fuels my desire to have a little history. I am wondering how I’d go about finding one and how much on average it would cost as I am not a wealthy buyer anyway all comments gratefully received
Hi Matt
This one is in Gloucester - might be worth a look (no idea whether it's still available).

I bought my first one this year after looking for quite a while in my experiance 1 would appear for sale on either forums/ebay/facebook every few months or so not common in the uk.. plenty available abroad but I've no experiance of importing so can't advise. I've been in the motor trade/restored cars previously so have an idea of what's involved. They're a relatively simple car in principle but can be costly to put right body/chassis wise. If you have no vehicle repair experiance do your reasearch as there's tonnes of information on here about the problem areas and ideally take someone with you who has some idea. The car I bought cost me 2.5k driving but been in storage for 18 months whilst they attempted cosmetic repairs. I could have fudged it through an MOT fairly easily but I'm in the process of doing the problem areas properly so it'll take a bit of time but I wont have to go back over it hopefully. By contrast at the time there was a car for sale with a Full Mot for 3.5k which looked presentable and a bargain by comparison but on closer inspection it needed a lot more work underneath than my car. I'm not trying to put you off just saying Tread carefully. I'm hoping to have mine ready for next summer can't wait

IMG-20230524-WA0024.jpg

mine s for sale look on cars for sale extensiv resorted no further work needed

I was looking for a Spanish car, as moving back from UK to my property in Lanzarote. Seen one advertised on Mil Anincios, big spanish car site, near Bilbao. Got a flight down and a lovely mini break in Bolbao to boot, recomended. Viewed the Car, bought it and brought it back to Portsmouth on the Ferry. 4-5000 euro, will get you an excellent example in Spain, and there is lots of choice. The chassis and underfloor on mine is absolutely mint.
We set off for France, late July, and 2 weeks and 3500, hugely enjoyable kms later, arrived in Lanzarote. Fantastic little cars, drove superbly. Here's a few pics of the journey so far. Good luck, go for it!!

20230517_094737.jpg 20230517_123211.jpg 20230520_172339.jpg 20230722_152319.jpg 20230722_213422.jpg 20230725_131624.jpg 20230802_090305.jpg 20230804_183433.jpg 20230805_105347.jpg 20230809_095806.jpg

Back