Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 rotor arm

Andy Hemmings

Enthusiast
Help ! have a Toro Groundmaster Sit on mower that ( apparently ) has a renault 4 petrol engine in it . The Rotor arm is burnt out , but I cannot find anywhere a replacemnt that fits .. its old I guess .. its description is - Black. with 4 side small "fins" running vertically. Its has a a number round the top -12192 . the metal part has two bits .. one riveted to the other ..
Anyone got any ideas ?
thanks for any help

See if it still has the engine number on the block, the make of the distributor would be useful as well and if you could post a photo of the engine we could determine if it is a R4 one.

STOP PRESS - it is an early type 839 782cc...more to follow...

...I just did a search for an Intermotor part and they don't do a rotor arm any more but please supply the details as above and I'm sure someone can help.

Rotor arm

Hi there
Thanks for your help .. all much appreciated.
the number on the engine ( there are two ) but they are

----839 S 46 and 140801

Can anyone tell me where I might find a rotor arm for this engine ?

many thanks

We need the make of distributop too, Renault used several and they have different points. It should be stamped on the side, undar all the oil and grass dust
Allan

Distrubtor cap

Alan
Thanks for your reply.
The number in side the cap is - 662434.
Really appreciate everyones help on this one
Best Andy

Andy, you need to say which make it is. It could be SEV, but more likely Ducellier. You are bound to find this on the actual distributor.

rotor arm

Steve . Sorry, I'm a bit of a novice with engines .. bear with me .. The name on the cap is ducellier .. Hope that helps .. If you or anyone else knows where I can get a new rotor arm from ...Or rotor arm and cap if required .. I would be very grateful for some contact details ..
Thanks once again for your help
Andy

Slightly promising - Ducellier Cap 662434 is listed as Intermotor part number 44270 but it does not list the vehicle it fits - could be that your engine was built for industrial use?? Can you check to see if the rotor arm also has a number on it - give it a good clean and use a magnifying glass. I can try and cross reference that as well. Intermotor parts can be ordered from most motor factors.

Sorry Andy - I cannot find a reference for the rotor arm at all. I do know the construction of that type of rotor arm and wondered if you could get someone to repair it. I always think that just about everything can be repaired given the will. Others on this forum may be thinking along the same lines?? Is it possible to post a couple of photos of the arm as it may help.
Steve

Back