Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 "tube" seat frame

R41973

Hello

Does anyone have a picture of what the Renault 4 tubular frame front seat is like. The car has this long model "garden seat". And how the fabric is attached (with straps). someone has modified the seat once, but what is the original like? Citroen 4cv seat frame can be seen on the internet, but Renault is rarer.

Hello

Does anyone have a picture of what the Renault 4 tubular frame front seat is like. The car has this long model "garden seat". And how the fabric is attached (with straps). someone has modified the seat once, but what is the original like? Citroen 4cv seat frame can be seen on the internet, but Renault is rarer.
These might help. Does your car have the earlier type bench seat (the first one here), or the later one?20231118_095456.jpg20231118_093557.jpg20231118_094022.jpg20231118_094007.jpg

Thank you for the message:)

I'll post a picture of my seat, the picture shows what it was like. The second picture is of a Citroen 2cv seat frame, which is almost identical.
This is the seat I have, apparently there are different models.

Seat.jpg 2cvpenkki.png

Hello
I found this page, here is the correct way to repair the seat for this model:).

Be aware that the 2CV frame is some 10cm taller because it is mounted on the floor rather than on a crossmember, as on the R4.

Back