Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4CV

angel

Enthusiast
Anyone here with a post- '54 4CV? I am looking for the distance between the three grille "moustaches", and also the distance from the top one to, say, the boot lid. The body I am currently working on is an ex-Affaires, and had had many repairs in the past, so there are no holes for the fixing clips visible.
Any help appreciated!

I have a 56 4CV I will see what I can do.

664cv1.jpg

On mine the top moustache is about 4mm below the seam on the wings to the top edge of the moulding.

32mm between each moustache edge to edge not to centers but the center badge more or less dictates where you need to be.

Gary

Really quick reply, thanks Gary!

I wish putting the moustaches on was all that was missing, but there is a lot of way before this one becomes like yours!

• 100_5006.jpg
    100_5006.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 366
Looks very good ,I had one that colour a few years ago It was my best 4cv.

Yes it's a good start, Geoff (considering the poor bodywork condition when we dismantled it), but now it's like starting a nice model kit, then realizing that a whole cluster of parts is missing from the box!

Sounds like the first R$ I got. Already mostly disassembled and I didn't know if I had ll the bits or where the bits I had went. Didn't help that the first manuals I had didn't covert that particular year.

I do love a good jigsaw puzzle though.

I'm changing the Renault 4cv chassis per a VW chassis and I need some tips.
I need to know a site to by some parts.
If someone could help me, please e-mail me. Tanks,
Fernando Xavier

I miss the days of getting tailgated by cute vehicles. Nowadays, these aggressive-looking Audis and BMWs are all I get, in my rearview mirror

664cv1.jpg

Back