Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 GTL Stripping for parts possibly for sale as a rolling project!

SouthR4

Enthusiast
Hello,

Went round a friends house today and low and behold a really old red Renault 5 GTL. My friend had no idea that parts for these models are becoming rare. It was under a tree covered over with a tarp.

They are interested in selling parts off it or someone buying it for a complete restoration project. I believe they have all the old documents for it somewhere.... I also think that most of the parts should be universal for R4's and F6's from what I could tell with my limited knowledge!

Please let me know if you are interested and I will see what I can do. Otherwise we will strip it and put the parts on ebay.

Hi there, if your friend decides to break the car I would be very interested in the carb and manifold. Regards Brian.
My phone no is 07855996827.

They are in need of money so it's probably going to be this option as it is a bit rusty. I am going to try and get some photos together so people can get a better idea of what it's like. I'm no mechanic so stripping may be difficult..... It may be possible if there are interested parties for you to come and dismantle the bits you want.

I'm not to sure how to post pictures on here but I would be happy to send some to interested parties personal emails.

Thanks.

I would be prepared to drive up from Cornwall to remove the parts I need, so no need for you to worry about taking bits off. Silly question now, I take it that it is an inline engine as opposed to transverse.

If so then David can I take it the manifold wouldn't fit the 1108cc engine.

Actually, I think it would although i'm not 100% sure.

Incidentally, many years ago the ex Mrs Lobster ran a 1984 R5 GTL with a tired 1108cc engine with about 130k on it. This was yoinked out and replaced with a 1289 from a '77 R5 TS but still with the 5 speed GTL box.

With a few other bits to liven it up it went like the proverbial bat out of hell :p

Mmm, this is all worth baring in mind David, but the engine in Marigold is still good, although it has 126k on the clock. So something to think about for the future perhaps. In the meantime that manifold might fit then, good news.

If so then David can I take it the manifold wouldn't fit the 1108cc engine.

The manifold will fit. Just need to check if it's 32mm but I'm 99% sure it is. If not then buy it with the carb, air filter etc etc and don't forget that you will need the rubber hoses between the water pump and the base of the manifold

Ok Steve, looks like another trip "up country" is on the cards, worth it though to get the bits I need to do the job.

Thank you SouthR4, look forward to hearing from you soon.:smile:

I will stamp your passport on arrival!

In terms of availability it will probably have to be the weekend. weekdays are possible but this would have to be some time in late August.

Will let you know when i'm in a better position but I wanted to give people a heads up first!

Thanks

Don't know if Malcolm might be interested in anything for his TX? I presume he still has it as he says the project is ongoing?

Hi there, this weekend would probably be good for me, I'm keen to crack on with my mods.

I will speak to my friend and let you know. Will try to give you a ring on the mobile before the weekends out.

Thanks

Back