Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault Megane Fuel Problem

AlanLush

Hi,

I have got a 'T' Reg 1.6 8v Renault Megane Conv, When I turn the ignition on the fuel pump does not engage, i looked a the fused and one had blown, i replaced it and it was fine, but when i drove it the fuse popped again, changed it again it was ok, then it conked out again, checked the fuse and it was ok, changed the relay and the fuel pump wont come on anymore, anyone help me?

Thanks

Alan

Maybe a silly thought but check to see if any wires are in contact with your exhaust. A friend of mine had this once and the simptoms are the same. Wire hits hot exhaust, insulation burns off, fuse blows.

Na its nots that, cheers for the suggestion, I have bee told by someone that it may be the crankshaft angle sensor is broken, can anyone confirm this may be the cause?

Alan.

hi there have you tried looking at the ecu? i have this problem with mine when water got into it and corroded the fuel pump and engine manegment wires!
chris

hi i have just had the same problem with my meagane i changed every thing and had the ecu tested and nothing come up but today i found there wos a small lump in a wiyer from the ecu it is a red wiyer were the wiyer had broken down i kut out the brake and wiyed then back together and the car is mint agen it wores have a look yours mite be the same

Back