Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

renault megane scenic just cut out?

danielhill1

hi im trying to help out my neighbour. shes on her own with a child and her car broke down on sun. as far as im aware she was driving along and it just stopped and wouldnt go again. police said she was in a dangerous place and made her pay £150 to get it off the road. anyway, its been to the garage and they say its an imobiliser fault and the parts are £380 plus labour. ive done a bit of research online and one site said if the car was running and stopped it is not imobiliser. can any one point me in the right direction

Do we know what year this scenic is??? If its the early one then when the ignition is on have a look at the flashing red light in the centre of the dash...if it flashing like crazy after you have pliped it then it is a immobiliser fault....as lobster says scenics have been known for electrical faults...does there sound like there is compression??? Timing belt failure...just stopped..just a thought

renault megane scenic

hi...iam in same predicament with mine..mines a 2000 petrol auto rxe and just died on me the other day and wont start... anyone got any ideas please???

Back