Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Restoring interior plastics

Fernando

Enthusiast
Hello does any one knows a product to restore th interior plastic parts, like the dashbord etc?
thank you.

I use a rustoleum product, is a kind of oil you brush on plastic and wipe off after 20 minutes...

I am thinking to buy and test this product

Chemical Guys Black On Black Spray Dressing
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_on_Black_Instant_Shine_Spray_Dressing_p/air_spray_1.htm

But it seems that you need to apply it every month or so.

Plastic on rear handbrake lever have sprayed with mat varnish and it seems best way to do it. Do not know how long will stay like that but i have got nice black color.

It cross my mind to spray whole dash board same way.

Best product ever : 2/3 linseed oil ; 1/3 oil of turpentine
cost nothing, and is much better than any product you can buy...

problem with "any/all" chemical products like Armour All etc which promises you Purrfect Shine Forever etc is they ooze
gases for weeks after applied which in turn leaves a sticky,oily surface that collects grime worse than before on dash-
boards etc. -It even makes the windshield go cloudy and grimy.

My best SECRET TIP is to buy a bottle of Glycerol (glycerin)at the chemists.ALL natural stuff.Good spouses are known
to use it to avoid cracks in the marzipan-lid when they show their love and gratitude and bake you a sponge-cake All
of your own....

Do not apply directly onto surface but soak into rag ,then apply,but be prepard to wipe exess off after a day or so as
exess will turn up as "drops" but that only means you have sufficiently covered the part..

Also-If you have a Rock-hard and dried-out rubber-sealing ,say around window,rub the sealing a couple times,give it a
day or 2-wipe off exess -and you Will not believe your eyes!! -The rubber has magically got its suppleness back again!
(Of course it can't cure Cracks,but before you send the guys in white coats to take me to an nice place-just try it,ok?
That reched leak you have should also be fixed if you use a screwdriver between pane and seal to get some into there
as this stuff seems to "swell" the rubber just a tad..

It can safely be used on plastics,rubber,naugahide and marzipan sponge-cakes :waving:

-Remember you read it here first! -Reid

Last edited:
For some plastic elements I recomend this method
though never tried it on the dashboard

Back