Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Reversing lights

Stan

Enthusiast
Hi does anyone know of a source of reversing lights for the GTL or just lenses.

Thanks Stan.

Had a look in the box and only have the plastic bulb housing, the bit that goes in the hole in the hatch but no lens. If that is any good you can have them.
Allan

I'll check the backs and see if they are ok and get back to you Allan.
Cheers Stan

Many thanks Petak he says he is not keen to post to the uk. I am waiting on a reply. Stan

If he's not keen you could always get them sent to someones house in France then they could bring them back and post them! I'm off to France for Easter.

Just got a msg back saying 15.90e for postage, for two lenses, so roughly £15 each plus postage

Yes that's very expensive Petak,
I'm not sure about the French ones either as the glass is a different design and the numbers are wrong.
The Italian one is definitely correct !!
Allan,
The backs of of mine are ok but thanks for the offer. Stan.

You are probably right for that french lens. I often collect links for anything that looks similar to one that i am looking for, and after sometime check again those links in more patient and dismiss one that are not right.

Sorry for misguided! :(

Have found something more. Portuguese online shop
http://www.all4renault.com/products/a7700751459-farolim-marcha-traz-fixo-na-porta-de-mala/

Or franzose.de

http://www.franzose.de/de/ALLE/Alle/Rueckbeleuchtung/ANR85257/

But also pricey. To much for my pocket. maybe one day after car is on road. But i doubt.

Or lenses in wrong colour.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CABOCHON-DE-FEU-AR-CIBIE-12-06-A-NEUF-RENAULT-PEUGEOT-CITROEN-SIMCA-TALBOT-/171278552347?pt=JG_FR_Auto_Pièces&hash=item27e0ff4d1b

It would be really nice to find cibie catalogue. One that i have found is from 1985 and in it there is no reversing light for R4

Maybe I'm getting mean in my old age Petak but yes they are very pricey, you maybe have an old lense but if not I can give you the number on the glass of the broken one I have.

I have few of them but all are cracked.
And inner part plastic is started to crumble in small mushy crumbs (can not tel better in english)

I am also looking for better one. But no luck yet. Aldo i did not search very hard

If you want cracked and crumbled one I can send it to you! I did not offered it to you because they are in bad shape!

Lens number should be 12.06.A

Mushy crumbs is a perfect way to say It lol
Thanks for the offer but I am thinking the same as you,
The number on you glass is the same as mine

Stan, I think you are going to find it hard to get these in good condition, so why not blank off the place were they fit with thin sheet metal sprayed the same colour as the body, and buy one or two lights that can be bolted to the underside of the bumper. Try Holden Vintage Parts, they do some nice retro looking reversing lights, and also rear fog lights of the same design. Not cheap but very good quality. Okay, you would have to do a bit of rewiring, but hey, that's not too bad is it. Regards Brian.

I'm thinking along that lines now Brian, especially since the two little patches on the door are a small addition to what I've done already !!
Stan

I put tiny led's into my bumper over riders, you can hardly see them but they are amazingly bright!

Pepper, when it comes to led's I just wouldn't have a clue, give me engines/ bodywork, ie old stuff and I don't have a problem at all. It's a bit like putting photos of my resto on here!!
And I have god knows how many photos as I take loads for my own ref.
Cheers Stan.

Back