Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rotor arm and points for an R4 1974 Model 1123 Ducellier.

Trish B

Enthusiast
Looking for the above but am not finding a rotor arm which resembles the one I have removed from the distributor.
I have looked on Vehicles-anciens.fr but although they show 4 rotor arms said to be for an R4 they do not match.
Perhaps the solution would be to buy a new distributor? Any suggestions very welcome. I am hoping the points will be easier
to find.
Greetings from Zimbabwe!

Trish
Do your points and rotor look like these?

1645555398287.jpeg

Or is the rotor arm this one (47390)?

If you can provide a photo of your rotor arm Trish, I'm sure someone will be able to identify it. I've got a lot of rotor arms, (& caps, points & condensers) for classic French cars, including several listed for R4:

IMG_20220223_111157498.jpg

Thanks everyone! I just love the kindness and the friendly advice. We discovered the part number for the rotor
arm and found it on eBay. My daughter is seeing to buying one or maybe four! It's a bit complicated
buying from Zimbabwe and we need to catch a 'runner' from the UK. Meanwhile my choke knob is stuck and
by following through to the engine, removing the air filter, we could see where the choke wire goes to the
carburettor. It is all jammed and although we could manhandle it to get it moving it just gets stuck again.
There is a plastic tube covering the wire which comes up against a metal 'thing' and that is where the wire seems
to get jammed. I am wondering if this just requires a mechanic's knowhow, or if we will again have to source parts.
Would be very grateful for any advice.
Oh! and the distributor cap on the car has lost that little bit of carbon. Fortunately I do have two new distributor caps
but one has also lost it's carbon. Are these carbons available to buy?
Grateful, Trish

In case it helps someone else looking for a rotor arm for a 1123 Ducellier distributor, what's the part number you found for your rotor arm?

The carbon brush is not available separately, you have to get the distributor cap.

((There is a plastic tube covering the wire which comes up against a metal 'thing' and that is where the wire seems
to get jammed. I am wondering if this just requires a mechanic's knowhow, or if we will again have to source parts.
Would be very grateful for any advice.))

Hi Trish, I'm sure that you won't need to source parts for this problem. The choke wire is encased in a "spiral wire" tube which is covered in a protective plastic outer sleeve. The metal "thing" that you speak of is to secure the cable and you've probably noticed that it has a screw on the side to keep the cable from slipping out.
Firstly, make sure that the screw is not too tight, which will prevent the inside choke wire from moving freely in the spiral tube
Secondly, make sure that the screw is not screwed against the choke wire. It should only be screwed against the spiral wire.
If the cable wire has a kink in it, it won't slide freely inside the spiral outer.

It's also helpful to release the whole cable from that metal holder "thing", then hold it in an upright position and squirt some lubricating oil down the spiral tube to ensure the inside choke wire can slide more freely

Back