Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rubber Seals?

pstruckers

Enthusiast
Any ideas where I am best sourcing a new set of door/bonnet/boot/window seals? And any ideas on price?
Just bought a wonderful R4 example and aside from some welding this is all that I feel needs doing.
Any help is very much appreciated! :smile:

I've just ordered a set of door seals and front and rear windscreen seals from Melun Retro Passion. They seem cheaper than Der Franzose for seals.  Window seals front and rear are about 35 euros each, door seals are about 5 euros per metre (I guess 18m for the complete car). I didn't buy the seal at the bottom of the bootlid (not sure if they are available), but the bonnet seal is available.

Thanks Malcolm. I will have to brush up on my rusty French! In case it is not said often enough, this is a great site/forum with a wealth of info.

Here's a starter for the French:

Door seals sold per metre-
015452 - JOINT DE PORTE CELLULAIRE RENAULT 4L, VENDU AU ML

Front window seal with infill -
015531 - JOINT DE PARE BRISE AVEC CLE > RENAULT R4

Rear window seal with infill -
015533 - JOINT DE LUNETTE ARRIERE AVEC CLE > RENAULT R4

I prefer the window seals without the chrome infill - plain back rubber (SANS CLE)

I Notice they have a ebay site aswell....

do they mind sending to england ???

They don't seem to mind sending things to the UK. I recall members complaining about slow delivery in the past, and I noticed during checkout a note saying "contact us if you want to know if the parts are in stock" which might have been the reason.

they quoted me 21.20 euros to send 2 tie rod bushes...thats postage only

That's a lot. I paid 28 euros for 18m of door seal, front and rear window seals and various chrome shiny bits.

Der Franzose have a minimum charge of 16 euros.

supose thats still cheaper than RENAULT

Back