Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

scenic 1.5 dci won't start 2005

elliott2006

I have replaced engine with like for like. k9k722 engine. Put original injectors and all other electrical parts on the vehicle. Tried to start up just will not fire.

Fuel pressure their injectors receiving signal timing spot on. had engine running on easy start still won't pick up.

ANY IDEAS??????

PS Engine changed because cam shaft snapped nothing wrong with cyliner head etc.

:confused:

Hi,
Have you checked the crank and camshaft sensors are connected? and im i right you put in the original injectors which match your vehicle ecu.

The 1.5 dci engine is notorious for pump failure which result in the coating from the pump contaminating the whole fuel system. Have you changed the fuel filter...if so cut open the old one and check for metal fillings in it..did you hear the engine running before you bought it?

cheers
andrew

Yes injectors paired to ecu.
Engine will run but this is off easy start. when trying to throttle nothing there.
Point taken about the pump but the fact I have fuel pressure I would rule it out. I have double checked as well by using original pump.
Head buster!!!!!!!!!!!!
All sensors connected.
Only fault registered is a refridgerant one which I think was 484.

scenic

Hi, im having the excact same problem with a scenic after changing the engine and I was wondering did you find the problem with your one, thanks.

to find out if injectors are working correctly or not, diconect the fuel return pipes make up 4 pipes to fit, all the same lenth say 300 mm.screen washer pipewill do.
now you need 4 plastic bottles same size must be the same 4 bottles, mark the bottle every 10 mm up the side note clear bottles
now crank over the engine for 30 secs and stop.
check the bottles if you have a lot of fuel in one bottle that injector is faulty becausr the fuel is not going into the cylinder it is going back to the tank
this is the same for all bottles if you have 3 which has 15mm approx in and the other one with about 4 mm in the bottle this is a good injector as the fuel is going into the cylinder.i would think it is a pump problem you have, this has broken up internaly, this puts tiny metal parts in to the injectors these are now scrap value only,
cut open your fuel filter, if ant shinny metal, alloy metal parts inside you have major probs
it is replace all pipes, from tank and back all filters pump and injectors, tank out and clean mostly this is replaced as well
good luck

Back