Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Scenic 52 1.9 DCI non starter

rikersangel

My Rover died before xmas and so we bought a scenic it drove lovely that night stopping and starting etc no problem. My dad was going to do a service on it before i had it to make sure all was ok and he went to start it the following morning and it wouldnt.
He plugged his computer in and it came up with 2 codes which when i googled said it was something to do with the TDC sensor.
After changing both the crankshaft sensor and the other one i forget which one is it the camshaft sensor we are still getting the error codes and the car is still not starting. So his mate who has a renault computer came down and looked it over and they both came to the conclusion that it was the ECU. We tried 2 ECUS which were too old for the car but they showed the RPM bit whereas the 2 others (original and one we bought) hadnt. Both ECUS were found to be faulty so the one we bought had to be replaced and after replacing it they have found an immobiliser problem. It works as it should and turns off but the ECU doesnt see that it has turned off and so the car still wont start.
After speaking to an auto electrician he reckons what they need now to sort it is a Immobiliser killer or an RPM bypass unit?
Does anyone have any ideas how to get around the immobiliser or where i can get a hold of the killer or bypass unit?

Back