Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Scrapping R-1123/need anything?

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Gang! just for the record-I'm scrapping a R1123 LHD-67mod.6Volt/3gear/845cc.
if there's anything you need Please let me know asap.Panels(mostly)gone.
Seats VERY good (98%)condition.color burgundy skaii.One 1cm rip on side of rear-bench. Alu charm-lists Long type V-shaped like R8Gorde,set aside for Malcolm..Let me know if you could use anything a it's a shame to throw away if someone could make use right? Do take into consideration parts likely must be sent from Norway so depending on weight and size could be costly,but I'll check anything beforehand so you won't have to pawn grandma (in vain!)-R.

A '67 - did you say someone else wanted the steering wheel? The very transparent tortoise shell one (that only fits early cars). I'd love one of them in good condition as I had an accident during the build with my previously perfect one.

Is the rear quarter panel trim OK? The bits of cardboard that sit on top of the rear wheelarch? If so I'd bag that too - mine are wrinkly.

HI Malcolm! Steering wheel is the Only thing I thought I'd keep for myself-For now anyways-IF I'm letting it go you're first on the list.. You are right it is a lovely item this one is crack-free and complete-It's been covered with one of those wrap-around naugahyde/skaii-things which is why it survived I guess...
Had a look at the cardboard w/ burgundy-skaii on them but they are as yours wrinkly and soggy-Good only for templates I'm sorry!
-How are you getting along with your motor? Light in the end of the tunnel-or has light been switched off due to Gn'ment savings-campaign?? -R.

Shame - Still don't throw those side panels away, they might be better than the ones I started with.

I had an accident with the Gordini rebuild and had to wait a week for another piston :eek: Soon I shall be tearing up the tarmac, but only very gently as I'll need to run it in a bit.

I'll put them aside.naugahides is all fine no rips or tears they've come loose but all there.Funny idea to put these panels in at all when there's nothing elsewhere in the car.
-Hope you get it going again soon Malcolm-Vedran over in BIH seems to have struck similar problems aswell..

Hi,
I need a petrol cap and the bit the cap connects to (that screws to the panel). and the bit that connects that to the spout on the petrol tank. I'll be in sweden in july if that made postage easier. Also those metal things for attaching panels. Kind of flat, 1 inch, with a hole that the screw goes through.
Perhaps I can get these easier elsewhere but if you had them that would be great.
Nick

Hi Nick! I think I have a nice chromed lockable petrol cap -and as a bonus:With key! c",) -I'll have a look at the other bits you mention tomorrow-None of these weigh much so shouldn't be much to send them. by the by where's offaly? -whereabouts in Sweden would you be? I live some 45min's from Swed.border (Svinesund) Talk again tomorrow/-R.

Hi,
Thats great thanks. Offaly would be right in the middle of ireland. In july Ill be in Rengård (located in Norra Västerbotten 50 km w.nw Skellefteå) but if postage to ireland is affordable thats maybe the simplest.
thanks again
Nick

Hi,
Thats great thanks. Offaly would be right in the middle of ireland. In july Ill be in Rengård (located in Norra Västerbotten 50 km w.nw Skellefteå) but if postage to ireland is affordable thats maybe the simplest.
thanks again
Nick

have taken off parts now-let's see if I got it right..Starting from top I've got:
key (numbered) -Chromed petrol cap-Rubber-surround w.metalinsert Note! 2 screws broken. Rubber nice no cracks. Filler neck No rust-rubber hose S-
bend 25cm... When would you be in Skellefteå? since I will go through there next month(!) -or I could send inland-parcel from when in Sweden if you've got an address I could send to up there.We can't send small-parcels from Norw anymore so would be Approx £20 just to send to Irealnd I'm afraid....
PM me your Swed addr and dates and I'll get in touch ok? -R.

Hi,I'm looking for a speedo.It's got vertical raised white lines and is a beige colour.There are also a petrol gauge left and battery condition right both in the lower corners.Can you help as I'm desperate.Peter

We cant have desperate Peters on here!!

HI Peter-Is this the one you're looking for?? Note counter...... NOW SOLD!!!

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
some pixes of bits&pieces(some NOS & some used)

here'e a few images of more bitz&pieces harvested or hoarded.

Pic 1. These the parts Agelos??? -NOW SOLD!
Pic 3. Round domed front signallights (1used/1new) -NOW SOLD!

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
speedo

Thanks for your kind reply.unfortunately its not the right one.I never realized there where so many dashes. thanks Peter

Post a photo of yours Peter - if it has vertical chrome lines on the speedo then it's a 2 screw job to put the plastic cover and black surround from yours on that speedo.

second Malcolm on that-Or I have another one (still earlier) more upright/square.What model/year are we talking about?

a real timecapsule...Dated 19 Sept.1962

now here's a nice Flash-Gordon'esque piece for you..
Speedoconsole complete with switches + 3stalks etc
Batterycondition/Temp/Tank/Signal-indicator/Ign-indicator
Made in France by JAEGER in bakelite..6Volts & Working.

-could this be identical to the one in your Ornella Malcolm?
This one is dated on top 19 Sept.1962
Now they didn't come much earlier than did they?
Not easy to see here,but has nice ART DECO digits in speedo.

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 176
I need......

a gearbox, hand brake cables steering box nsr door......to start with, my 2 synchro left with noah, and ive gone for 3 months with out a handbrake and the hole in the bottom of my door is nearly big enough for the next door neighbours cat to walk through...the car is going to be off the road while it has a major body restoration [this should take 6 weeks if i can get the bits [got all 4 new wings], i just hate the red oxide brown it is finished in and may go for a slightly brighter r8 red, if i can find the colour code yours steve
stephenjogg@googlemail.com
totton motor factors have some later gtl bendix brake calipers on the shelf [ and are quite keen to see them gone

Renault 4F4 Front Hub

Hi

I am looking for a front hub/flange for a Renault 4F4 van 845cc with Front Drum Brakes (Brake Shoes) with the handbrake on the front wheels and handbrake acutated from under the dashboard. I was wondering if you have one. I would be grateful if you could contact me: christianebeyer@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Best Regards

Christian

Back