Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Scuttle Grille.

gpovanman

More than a 4 is excess!
I have a good deal of rust on the scuttle (the panel between where the bonnet sits and the bottom of the windscreen). I have removed the four screws that hold the plastic grille in place, but the thing will not budge. Is there something that I am overlooking here, or must I remove the dash? It seems a big bugger of job to do, just to get the grille off.

Thanks in advance!

Hi ! this plastic grill is held in place by 4 or more plastic-tabs both on upper and lower side.Care is necessarry if you're not to brak them as they get brittle by age..
Use a flat screwdriver to carefully pry them out Don't try to get one fully loose before going to the next one as you will end up breaking themUpperside of grill comes down and out lowerside comes up and out. -R.

First off, sorry for my very late thanks to your very helpful replies! I am working in the airport at the moment, and with it being the middle of high season, I am working a lot! Thanks again, especially for the link. The rust isnt really bad at the moment, cos the climate over here is not as bad as it is in the UK, but I would like to get it out of the way anyway. Thanks again folks!!

Back