Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Seat bases too high

RichardIRL

Enthusiast
Would anybody happen to know who might reduce the height of seats?

The base cushions of mine were replaced recently and now I sit very high in the car.

I am not sure if it was just ok before as seats were saggy.

But I am not sure who might be able to help. Has anybody adjusted height of seats or know who might be able to do it?

Can these plastic buts at the base be cut somehow?

Thanks

seatbase1.JPG seatbase2.JPG

I had the Rodeo seats re-trimmed recently retaining the original foam. Initially they were too high but they settled down a long way over a few days and they are fine now. With new foam maybe they won't settle so quickly but it's worth giving it a chance before modifying the seats as there will be some settling.

I was pretty sure that that bottom piece can be removed and shorter bolts used to reattach the runners to the metal seat frame

That's right, I think they are meant to be removed when driver is tall, along with seat belt repositioning on the B-pillars.

Dear All
Thank you very much for your replies.
I will see if I can figure out how to remove seats from runners

A couple of years ago I replaced the drivers seat cushions, the new ones came from der Franzose. At first I felt I was sitting rather higher having for a while been using the passenger seat as the drivers one had collapsed. As time has gone on the new cushions have bedded in, and now I feel I'm sitting in a more comfortable driving position. So I would suggest just give it some time to bed in. Hope this makes sense.

Back