Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Security/central locking?

BarryR

Enthusiast
Hi, I haven't been on here for a few years but I am at last planning to get my F6 van restored and back on the road this year and am planning to use it as my daily run around, just wanted to ask if anyone had installed any kind of security or central locking to theirs? I have been truly inspired by Pete's restoration and the incredible work of Mid Beds restoration company and DavidN's work, all of which has been very enlightening. I am hoping to get started over the next few months once I make space in the workshop and if anyone is interested in another F6 restoration thread I will post some photos as I progress.

I use a battery isolator, but it's an isolator with a difference, in that a lead bypasses the gap created when the isolating bolt is removed. This wire has an in line 25 amp fuse, so the car's electrics EXCEPT the starter, all work normally. As long as you remember to put the bolt back in every time you want to go anywhere you're fine! Fitting & releasing the bolt takes seconds once you have the knack.

when mine was done they planned to fit a proper thatcham system, but lack of door pins for lights made it difficult, we instead went very low tech, I wont tell you how just in case any nasties are reading, however if it wont start it aint going anywhere, and i never lock it just in case they wreck a door or door lock

Back