Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Server Move Sun 24th August

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
We've moving servers late Saturday morning. I've practiced the move already and reckon there will be about 30 minutes downtime. I'll make sureone nobody is posting anything when the forum goes off-line.

Once everything is up and running on the new server I'll set things up so you are forwarded across to the new one automatically. Just keep on as normal.

The new server will hopefully sort out some connection problems we've been having over the last few months.

We're now on the new server. It seems to be working. Please let me know if you see any glitches from now. You might see www2 appear in the address bar rather than www for a day or two.

Also let me know if the new server seems faster or slower than the old one.

Did you get any error messages or did the forum not appear at all? Possibly a routing problem between you and here as the server didn't appear to see you last night.

Routing problem most likely. Unless they are turning the server off at night to save energy.

Glad to know it's working better for you Greeney - it was routing problems that forced the move in the first place. Server should be the same speed, so any speed increase is the speed the data gets between the server and yourself. Ought to work well for Europeean visitors.

Back