Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Service parts and spares

Renault Mac

Enthusiast
Hi, any advice on where to buy service parts and spares in the uk such as distributor cap, gaskets, paint etc. I am in the Bristol area.
Mac

Hi Mac
I might be able to help you with some service parts. What type of R4 have you got? It'd be really helpful if you could post the numbers on your oval plate and on the engine plate. What make is your distributor? Some photos would be a great help!

Hi Renault Mac

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a one stop shop to buy all your R4 parts from in the UK. It is a case of sourcing them as and where you can. If you could provide us with some basic info about your R4, one or more of the members on the forum should be able to point you in the right direction.

Eg. You probably will have an R4tl (845cc) or R4gtl (956cc/1108cc)?, Year of manufacture, oval plate number (four digit number on bulkhead near bonnet catch), engine number (on silver plate on engine block on same side as distributor), paint code (three digit number stamped on right side inner wing, near the nudge bar, these are not always there if car has had the inner wing replaced/resprayed).

An image of your distributor with the cap on and off would be useful to determine the type of distributor you have. You might also be able to read off the markings and make of the distributor on the side of the distributor.

Which gaskets in particular do you need?

I hope the above helps.

I've haven't got much for Renault 4 on my website but I have got ignition parts and a few other bits. RetroSpec Parts (in Worthing).

I think the car is probably a 1968; imported later so LHD, distributor has Marchal on the side. Looking for rocker cover gasket at the moment.
Doesn’t really matter if parts aren’t available in UK, I have my new friend Mr De Marco somewhere in Italy!

IMG_3416.jpeg IMG_3417.jpeg

Hi all, got a distributor cap from Chris in north Bristol, much appreciated, and a gasket set as advertised in thread above. Expecting a delivery from De Marco tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what colour my car is, see attached picture, I’d like to get some touch-up paint. Found original French reg number plate under British plate, department 87, Limoges area I believe.

IMG_3433.jpeg IMG_3429.jpeg

Hi Mac

The three digit paint code,might if you are lucky still be stamped on the off side inner wing, at the front end on corner section facing the bonnet.

Hi Mac

Check out:

452 Danube

439 Bleu Moyen

for possible matches. Images and details can be found on the Garage de Sylvie website. Do a search for 'Garage de Sylvie Renault 4 nuancier'. It should come up.

Back