Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Several bits needed for F6 Van

iancr900

Enthusiast
Hi there , I bought a french F6 van a few moths ago and it needs a few things before it goes for a mot.

Both rear light lenses
O/S crash bar
O/S rubber bumper
plastic radiator grill
headlight x2 (I know I can buy new ones)
that little plastic lever that adjusts the headlight (both bits).
Cheers Ian

Thanks for the web site lobster, I'm sure it will come in useful.I intend to use new parts for ball joints,bearings and other mechanical things.But this is going to be my daily hack so would rather save money and recycle by buying used parts where it's not going to compromise safety.

I have ordered headlights and rear lenses .It's funny I thought there would be loads of spares from members with donor cars or bits that they have just collected.Are r4 parts getting that rare?Or are people stockpiling for the future?

Are r4 parts getting that rare?Or are people stockpiling for the future?

Bit of both I think. Theres not a vast amount of spares floating about over here and you don't find R4s in scrapyards much thesedays. When I've heard of an F6 being broken I've tried to get 'bits' off it pretty quickly before it gets cubed.

I've built a small stock of parts up and try and keep the stuff that is unique to the F6 so if I should need it, I've got it (front and rear screens, rear lights etc).

Its all still out there (well, its in France anyway) so you should be able to source most of what you need without to much hassle

You expect breakable things to be hard to get but what has surprised me is that the front o/s crash bar and the plastic headlight lever . There must be loads of rotted out headlight cases with the lever intact and the same goes for the crash bar( probably the only bit on a r4 not to rot). Maybe I'll end up making one!

Snoopy, would you be prepared to spit them as I only need the off side one.and if so how much do you want for it.
Ian

Back