Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Short note from sickbed!

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi all-So delightfully high on painkillers now so just couldn't stay away....Had a bad fall :eek:on the ice so ended up in hospital with broken ancle and torn-off ligaments in my acc-foot.:mad:
Plaster-caster the weight of rear-swingarm on, so am parked in bed.Surgery next Tuesday to have some nuts&
bolts installed-Insisted on Torx! Next big job will be ligaments after swelling gone down.
On one of the medicine-cabinets at the hospital there is
a door-opener/door-handle looks like one off a R4 -I will investigate
and possibly nick!

Sympaty-gifts like:
Free tickets/checks/cash/R4-parts/booze/fags/W.H.Y
can be sent to me c/o Clem's Garage wing 4 bedpost 7 ;)

I can now see there IS something in that old saying;
It's better to be Healthy & Rich -than Sick & Poor!

-R.

Sounds nasty. I'd say get well soon, but that sort of thing will take ages go get better. Hope it all heals up OK though. Good pain killers are a good distraction - I kept going back to the doctors asking for more after everything had got better. :)

Hi there Malc! I just saw a man with 3arms sliding along the roof-
or was it only in my head?These designer-drugs made me think
I was putting steadily along at 155km/h in Roffen then this HUGE
nurse came along abruptly killing all my sweet dreams.
Shouldn't they be more considerate towards sick enthusiasts you
think?
'Gotta wake up 'cause it's soon time for bed'she says..............
Wonder what the Street-value of me is right now-full og reds and green as I am.
Wish you all a fine week-end.I'll try not to drive you all crazy with
my medical-enhanced nonsense Lalalalallallallallallalallal -R.

Wow - yours sound a lot better than the ones I had. I just had a happily drugged feeling like at college, but didn't once hallucinate about nurses or high speed Roffens.

Why would they wake you up when it's time to go to sleep? Sillyness like that would drive me mad. When do you reckon you'll be back home?

my insurance being ok I guess they feed me the new & hottest
drugs there is-I feel like a testpilot.
I think I can hear for miles -I bet I could hear the plastercast dry!
Up untill today it was so ruddy painful I was afraid I would survive.
-now it's like ants are doing their stuff all over,so I'm armed with a
long nitting-pin to get at the buggers..
Hope to be home late next week-would rather be home then go back for next 'party' later on.
-Not sure how long it will take to mend so might ask them to permanently implant Roffen's acc-pedal under foot -Alt.get rid of acc-pedal and install ON/OFF-switch (under Doctors order this should be possible to get MOT'd wouldn't you agree? -R.

..Reida dear boy, you are in the wars..

..But good news is on hand - When a chum of mine was laid low in Hopital and could only move his hands, I could only think of one suitable gift...and he became an expert

Now Reida its your turn...

http://www.onlinegames.net/games/807/rubiks-cube.html

Get ye well very soon and get some photos of your ski jump and your broken ankle up on the site soon please..

• ho ho c.jpg
    ho ho c.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 134
seing your chum could only move his hands he was very fortunate to have a good friend like yourself sending him the Rubric's cube
-or his teeth would have rotted away!! c",)

-Tuesday they will start the procedure of installing nuts bolts and plates-I've seen some around-mounted into bones and flesh they don't seem to rust at all-would they make for nice spareparts
for 4's you think? -Don't know if I trust this surgeon to operate my delicate small camera-as he looked a bit shaky -if I could have a nurse take a pic as they mount the parts I will load it so you all will
learn to stay away from ice and snow!
Skijump will be set on fire soon as I get home

Get Well Soon.

Hi Reidar, :hug:Sounds like you are on the mend. Best medicine is to keep your fantastic sense of humour and 'go with the flow'. You must keep us up to date with regular medical bulletins. My last fall on ice a few years ago cost me three broken ribs:eek:. These situations happen so fast - one minute everything is tickety boo the next instant - pranged! Whatever that potion is you're getting suss the recipe and we'll market it asap - sounds 'canny' as they say hereabouts. You'll have to keep away from scrap yards with strong magnets for a while. :smile:

Hi Brian! How's things in Geordie-toon? Beemer secured?
Got phone from hospital again this morning so have to go in today instead.Guess the vultures in there are out of fresh blood to suck.
-Why don't snow and ice fall ready-gritted from the sky???
Coming out I will apply for a personal assistant that can roam around the scrap-yards for me.
My neighbour came over to cheer me up-then told me a friend of his was lain up in hospital for 11weeks(!) to get the swelling down so they could finally operate-I told neighbour to use his two healthy feets and go away!
-and this is my One good neigbour....
If I end up with this foot shorter than the other I must search for a longer acc-pedal assembly or continue half-speed-Hmmm!
haven't got a lap-top so might be incommunicado for some time..
-did I hear a sigh of relief? see you all! -R.

in search of a mad man

Good afternoon everyone

Being my wifes IT manager ie showing her how to log on etc, i came across a number of emails in outlook from a chap called Ian Standbury almost a bombardment so i felt i better research who this virtual philanderer was!

I do a bit of private eye stuff and discover him on this here fine forum, of course to get his address so i can do the same to his beloved R4, i 've had to register but its all very entertaining stuff wish i had more time to trawl through.

Boy this Ian chap is prolific i had a quick flick around his posts good job its on the web and not on paper otherwise he'd have to plant a few more trees.

Just before the wife walked in on me (technically of course i was violating her personal space) virtually speaking of course, i caught a glimpse of some r4 and tree vandalism can a member help me with the thread . I believe i have some photographic evidence to put the r4 crasher to bed and in clink.

Of course my wife has just asked me how to set up log on password protection . i smell a cat somewhere

the mad man thread will be put through the eye of the needle for the next posts, wood to cut now

a la prochaine Andre

Back Home! Got sent home from hospital 2days ago-They got sick&tired of all the mischief with wheelchair-rallies through corridors.
Doc refused to take pic of foot as they were worried re.lawsuits etc.
-Op took place Tuesd.last -They forgot to tap coolant first so on wakening up after I had this terrible pain when it dawned on them I was drained of 1(One) liter 'coolant' !!! was I relieved or what?
Doc had mounted 5 bolts and some plates in ancle-they are to stay in there-so now I need rusttreating every 2years.
Stupid git wound plastercast over so tight they had to give me 1 shot of morpine in hand(?) then 4 more in 2hours directly in thigh-muscle.
Didn't do any diff.re pain but my brain felt like a boiling radiator.
Took matters in own hand-sent nurses rushing off for scissors and other building-paraphenalia like those lolly-sticks they use to make you say AHHHH!
Cut plaster in half then mounted lollysticks as scaffolding to keep plastercast off.Looked like a fruit-tray since toes looked like Blue grapes.Nurses in schock sent for Doc.he told it looked real nice so made deal with him I would go home with no cast at all, if he could keep the contraption..
As they don't supply homegoing sicklings with pills and stuff I had to swallow all while they were critically oogling me.
waiting for the cab I thought I'd try flying home under own power
but cabbie dragged me into sweathy cab to get my X on his receipt
Next 8weeks on crutches-so I guess I will only get to start Roffen up and just Sit in there...Advantage being I can have a beer too!
-Now this report might be More than you asked for-but there you have it...........................................................................-R.

Hi Reidar, how are you? At least you are back home and can now get around a little on crutches. We definately need an update. We all wish you well.:)

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that you are back home now.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Hope you like the picture :) I saw this F4 in London in 2005.

• 2005-02-17_red_F4.jpeg
    2005-02-17_red_F4.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 46
Hi Brian-Good to hear from you!
Stiches removed yesterday.so can Finally get to scratch on the itching bastard-Am somewhat (more than usual)in and out of gaga-land due to intake of designer-drugs.Might have to go to Betty Ford or other rehab after....
Started and sat in Roffen again-Think this keeps me sane -R.

jjad -Thanx for good wishes. Nice pic! even got the same windtunnel-tested roofrack I have for Roffen.
Looks god-damn awful but am correct style for period so fine by me!
Now if I could locate a bi-focal frontscreen (nearfield where the wipers go) my R4-sighting would probably escalete to new levels
-If any of you guys out there see signs of spring The rest of us knee-deep in snow will not hear about it AT ALL! -R.

Hi Reidar, how are you? At least you are back home and can now get around a little on crutches. We definately need an update. We all wish you well.:)

PS: 'get AROUND' being the key-word here.
with one shoulder/arm weaker than other it took me 2hrs to get to the local shop as I kept on weering off to the left,but
making the sircle bigger and bigger Finally got there..
but then shop was closed! :eek: -R.

Jjad - The R4 you pictured in London is now happily resident in France.

Reidalpine - Glad to hear you're on the mend albeit slowly. You'll be pleased to know that when I bought Claude the roof rack came with him - very useful for shifting boats when Admiral Sir Ian of Stanbury commands!

Claude has now gone native - with a French registration.

• 0026.jpg
    0026.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 46
Looking nice! Even the color looks much better.Did you respray it or what?Weather,surroundings,building looks nice too-I'll trade you! especially like that blue airfoil you have on the roofrack-bet it gets you another 4-5m.topspeed!
Are those repeaters on the fr.fenders mandatory in France?

Anyone know where to find 55/60W.Duo-lux bulbs for the headlights? I can only find 40/45W.ones (even if 55/60 is allowed here in Norway)Anyone tried converting to Xenon which would give lots more light and lower drain plus lower temp ?? OR-did they make H4-ready socles/reflectors for the R4 at all?
can anyone shed some light on this please! -R.

Looking nice! Even the color looks much better.Did you respray it or what?

Just a bit of spit and polish - mostly polish!

Weather,surroundings,building looks nice too-I'll trade you!

It's always sunny in Burgundy :D The 'blue airfoil' picture is at a friend's house but the other is outside our house.

especially like that blue airfoil you have on the roofrack-bet it gets you another 4-5m.topspeed!

Just the opposite I'm afraid so I passed it on to another sucker to put on top of his Saab.;)

Are those repeaters on the fr.fenders mandatory in France?

I don't think so as our other R4 doesn't have them and she got through her CT ok.

..This 'Sucker' to be precise

..and I did get a much higher top speed with the blue airfoil by the way...

And how come its always dark over the Chateau in your village Captain Van Rouge?

• CIMG0189 1 c.jpg
    CIMG0189 1 c.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 45
Back