Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Silver gutter trim fitting

edwin

Enthusiast
Gentlemen. I have purchased from Franzose a length of silver gutter trim to set off my beige R4, and to replace the few original shards still there that make the car look scruffy. Any advice on fitting would be appreciated. Are there supposed to be clips, or do you heat it in hot water and push it on while flexible and it hardens on cooling? Or what?
All help gratefully received. Thanks , Edwin

edwin-are they plastic strips meant to be glued-on? in case I always clean the surface first,then use a squirt-bottle
with some luke-warm water plus ONE drop of washing-up liquid.
spray this onto the panels-make them good and wet.Then start at one end and Gently position the trim onto the panels
use One finger only to make them sit at a couple of places,just have the trim "floating"on the water-film!
-As long as you haven't put any force on them you can now ever so gently slide them into correct position so they sit
exactly where you want them to go.
Now you fixate one of the ends,and Again ever so lightly squeeze the water-film from under the decal.flat hand works ok
squeeze in same direction so as not to move decal out of true,if you have one of those thingies that wife uses for rem-
oving water from windows after she's cleaned them (can't remember what they're called) use this to get any remaning
water/soap and poss air-bubbles out from under the decal and the glue will bite and Done! -Reid.

I was about to order replacement trim as well, let me know how you get on, pictures if possible

Back