Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

*SOLD* Yellow renault 4 for sale

yecalsemaj

Enthusiast
I am selling my 1985 Renault 4gtl my partner is pregnant and we really need a car with rear seatbelts so it has to go. I've owned this car for about a year and had it on the road for the last 6 months with no trouble at all.

It is a solid car which passed its mot with the only faults being a dim fog light and slight play in the offside front suspesion. the floor pan and chassis has been welded many times and the rear inside wings look completely home made. But saying all that the car doesnt require any further welding in the near future. The body work and paint is tatty and really needs to be resprayed to look nice but people admire the car anyway. It leaks a bit in the rain im not really sure why but its nothing to severe and also the indicators occassionally get stuck i havent fixed this because i found a light tap under the steering columb is enough to get them going.

it has 6 months mot and 6 months tax and the milage is 88,000. I dont want to part with it really but i cant afford to run two cars and a baby floating around the back isnt much of an option.

I'd like £1,100 for it but im open to offers

lots of pictures on here
https://picasaweb.google.com/108946048341531537858/Car#

just sent you a message mate

Never seen such a black cone on front lights... I think it is a sort of garnishment, but I wonder if they are legal...

Mine are like that at the moment because they are French lights and they dip the wrong way, so they blanked of so not to dazzle on coming vehicles ( not got around to changing them yet ).

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,231
Hi James, you could always fit seat-belts in the back of the 4, they are available from Securon, part number 200, cost about £25 from Mill Auto for the pair. Regards Brian.

I agree with Brian, fit those belts and keep the car, one day your sons will thank you.

As I was young many of the cars didn't have rear seat belts. And there were still kids in the back.
Ok, seatbelt is more safer. But in our country if the car wasn't build with one than you don't need one.

It was the best time when I could hop around the back with my brother. And suddenly this time was gone as be bought a new car with rear seatbelts.

I happily hopped around the back of an Allegro back in the day though. Wouldn't let my small Lobster person do that now though and if I'm honest the R4 despite being wonderful in every respect, isn't what I'd choose as my only set of wheels for family duties.

i would fit seatbelts but im moving to plymouth and it would be parked on the street i would feel very guilty leaving it out to rust in the rain and plymouth being so wet i think it would disolve pretty quickly. It needs a warm garage and a level of love I cant give it anymore.

I see your problem James, west-country weather is not good for R4s, far too damp. I saw you yesterday on the Falmouth-Helston road, car was looking good, these yellow ones certainly stand out from the crowd. Wish I had room, it would make a nice companion for Marigold. Good luck selling it, and that you get what you're asking. Regards Brian.

I fitted rear seat belts from an old R5, got them from the breakers for under a fiver.
All the fixings are there in the R4 to fit them.
The fixtures and fittings all went straight on to my R4.
KEEP THE CAR. Our little boy loves ours, its his favourite car. If you don't keep it you will never know!
Cheers.

I happily hopped around the back of an Allegro back in the day though

I guess you would be also hopping (bouncing?) on this car even if it had seat belts...the press of the day described it as the car with kangaroo road manners :-D .

Back