Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

'Spare' wires

KeithS

Enthusiast
While nosing around under the bonnet of my Savane, I noticed some spare wires, clearly factory fit. OK, so the double wire/socket by the gearbox is the reversing light circuit, but what about the white wire on the passenger (off-side) or the violet one on the driver side, up by the bulkhead? Violet I know is the colour of the foglight wire at the rear, but have no idea what the purpose of it is here under the bonnet. Please go easy on me, I'm still learning my way round! :laughing:
IMG_8185.JPGIMG_8186.JPG

The wiring harness may have been produced to fit both left and right hand drive cars, and the connections would be used in a L.H.D. car. As yours is a R.H.D. they're not needed.

Just a thought.....

Hi Keith, I noticed your car doesn't have side repeater flashers, but some 4s do, so I'm wondering whether they are for those if fitted. Just a thought. Easy to check with a test light.

Great, glad to help. They are a useful extra, and the ones that are period for your car are diamond shaped to match the Renault badge, and a nice little touch. Maybe worth looking out for if you fancy a set.

I gather they're a GTL fitment, part number 7700666805. Wonder if they're still available...

Worth a try, but probably not. Guess here is the first place to look.
Not all GTLs had them Keith, my previous car, 83 model didn't, and my present car, 85 didn't have them, and although the wings were replaced before I got it, the cables aren't there. I ran feeder cables from the indicators to run the ones I fitted.

Last edited:
If you're looking for those repeaters a look at the italian ebay could worth the effort.
If you need any support for it I'd be happy to help
.DSC02092.jpg

Back