Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

speedo wanted

91figaro

Enthusiast
Hi,I want a used speedo,but its my same old problem the speedo is rectangle shaped.My car is 1963 but has a 1970's dash hence the rectangular speedo.Urgent as I'm on agreed mileage.Peter I forgot I'm in france so kmn would be better,but I'm desperate and a miles one would be great

Are you sure the speedo is the problem not the cable? If there is no reading from any part of the speedo it is probably the cable at fault.

I've got a km/h speedo but it's installed in the Gordini at the moment. It's early '70s and beige. I'll swap it for a mph speedo at some point and could send it over, but it'll be a few weeks. The speedo part of the instrument panel can be removed leaving the fuel indicator and warning lights in place.

70's speedo

Thanks Malcom sounds good how much do I owe you? My address is

10 Rue des Nobles
Ferrals les Corbieres
FRANCE 11200

How shall I pay you ?

Peter

Are you sure the cable from the gearbox is OK? Really that is normally the problem.

Unfortunately mechanic bloke in the village, said I've jacked up the front,. unscrewed cable and square inner is turning.So its got to be the hard way presumably I've got to take the whole dash off.Peter

Back