Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Speedpulses Laguna1

fimmer

I need to know the numbers of speedpulses to the speedometer per kilometer, or mile, or wheel round, or .....
It's because of a new Cruise Control ( VDO Tempostat GC12v ) . The VDO have "dip's" to be set to the corect number of pulses. My Laguna is the last model 1 with electronic speedometer, witch recieves the pulses from the ABS computer. I have ask by a Renault dealer in Denmark and mailed to Renault Denmark and France, but they don't care.:mad:
Vdo tell me to use an authorized garage. So why the h... do they sell for privat at all. :confused:
Hope to hear from somebody.

Regards Fimmer

hi Fimmer ,
as a fellow laguna 1 owner (5 at the moment ) i may as well join you scratching my head
94 - 97 cars had external ABS rings on shaft which would be easy to count and then i am sure using a calculator after measuring wheel circumference pulses per kilometre could be established
late 97 on cars have got magnetic ? wheel bearings in hub assy and no easy way of counting
maybe you could unplug sensor ,mark tyre and using multi meter set on ohms ? or maybe millivolts, rotate wheel by hand with car jacked up count pulses per revolution , then calculate as above

just a thought? might help . mind you some posh lagunas had cruise as standard

hope my english is ok for you good luck

paul

Thanks mr-reno-139
If the ABS-computer transmit the same number of pulses, as it recieves from the ABS rings, it should be easy with a little brain gymnastik to calculate (good ideer, sound logic). I will be back in 3 or 4 weeks when I have had the time to mount the VDO.

Back