Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Starting probs on Laguna

jings

Hi all, I have a T reg Laguna which I've owned for about 18months. All that time, there has always been a slight delay when starting it. Turn the key and it clicks then starts. I suspected the starter motor but it hasn't actually failed to start, until recently when the battery went flat for no obvious reason (ie lights were not left on etc) and yesterday.

Thought it was the battery again so charged it overnight.

Still wont start today. Just does the 'click' but won't even turn the motor.

Older cars I've had, you can see the starter motor and give it a tap, which sometimes helps. Do you think the T reg Laguna has one - I can't seem to see one anywhere!!

Thanks in advance :p

Hi,
The starter motor is at the back of the engine under the manifold and will be difficult to see from the top...
Try putting the car in gear and rocking the car backwards and forwards just incase the starter is stuck...

cheers
andrew

Thanks Andrew,
Suddenly remembered that I have RAC cover through my employer so called them out. It would seem the slight delay and the clicking on turning the key these last 18months has been the connection to the starter shorting out. Result : a burnt out ruined connection on the starter.

Anyway, RAC man held the connection in place and I started the car and took it down to the garage. Then he gave me a lift home, nice guy!:cool:

Back