Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

steeringwheel play ?

Well I found one in France and they seem to fit almost every Renault ever made !
4 euros and 2.50 euros post from France......not bad at all ;)
Renault 4L, Renault 9, R21, Fuego, Espace1, Super 5, Renault 18 etc etc etc.
If anyone needs on in the future best to ask for one for a more recent vehicle so as not to get the usuall look of "what is a Renault 4 ?" from the parts counter staff
The part number from Renault is 77 03 090 293 if it helps anyone :)bush3.JPG

Is that the modified one with roller bearings as they are standard on pas versions of those models
think the one on a 4 was originally available as a split bush in 2 halves
sorry I didn't see this post otherwise I would of replied with info earlier

Is that the modified one with roller bearings as they are standard on pas versions of those models
think the one on a 4 was originally available as a split bush in 2 halves
sorry I didn't see this post otherwise I would of replied with info earlier
Yes it is the modified one with needle roller bearings but it was all I could find .....and that was not easy :) now I just have to find time to fit it o_O

i've got some of them on the shelf used fit them regularly on renault 25 and renault 5 :-)

I think you need to look at the steering column,
The column is bolted to the bulkhead two security bolt at the top and one 10mm nut at the
bottom near the brake pedal box,
The column bracket fractures just above the bottom nut and lets the column move up and down.

I think you need to look at the steering column,
The column is bolted to the bulkhead two security bolt at the top and one 10mm nut at the
bottom near the brake pedal box,
The column bracket fractures just above the bottom nut and lets the column move up and down.
Its not the column........ its play on the shaft "inside" the column

Back