Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Still here!

Mike from Spain

Enthusiast
Hello all, just to let you know I'm still here in Spain and the "yellow peril" is fine. Sorry I've not contributed for such a long time but all sorts have happened including me (thinking of)sacrificing her for a rather tasty Pajero! However, I just couldn't do it so she's still my old faithful! Further; she's gonna get a rolling retoration in the near future! Still got the French registered purple one too for those who remember! Have attached a photo "brick wall versus R4" taken after driving back up the mountain after too much vino tinto! (well it was my birthday) And guess what, the R4 won! Well; after a fashion! After emergency treatment with a lump hammer she was and is as good as new; well not quite. That's why she's gonna get some tlc!

• poorly Renault 001.jpg
    poorly Renault 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 43
Well done for not buying a Pajero. But that's quite a bump - lucky it missed the main chassis member. Sure she'll enjoy the rolling restoration. Looks in good condition otherwise.

It must be all that sunshine in Spain. How is Spain? Guess you'll have settled in now.

Hi Malcom, yes I suppose I am settled here now; believe it or not it's just over 3 years since I left the UK!!!! I still have the Pajero but it's up for sale, I bought it cheap because the head had gone, a common fault on the 2.8's. However, after wieghing up the pros and cons the "yellow peril" covers all bases. In just under 2 years time she will become a classic here so no tax to pay and a more lenient mot (itv here) and possibly cheaper insurance.

That does seem a long time. I've been finding time seems to pass more quickly these days but looking back I seem to get more useful stuff done in the time.

My own little yellow car does fairly well everything for me - I never really fancy long distances, but for my local mileage she's much better than a fancy car. And best of all much much cheaper. (Though she deserves some TLC also.)

Are you surviving the recession over there or has Spain gone bust too?

...the recession has hit here too! Coupled with the exchange rate it has really slowed things down. Many people have gone back to the UK as their pensions etc aren't worth what they used to be! Prices have gone up considerably too, it's certainly not a cheap place to live anymore! The saving grace is the weather and the cheap booze!

Back