Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

synchro rings

dutch bloke

Enthusiast
I wonder if anybody has a catalogue with part numbers in it for some spare parts. I am after 4 synchro rings with the clips that hold them for my gearbox as well as a differential oil seal. I ordered the parts through Lifestyle Renault in Tunbridge Wells as recommended by a lot of people. The rings duly arrived but now that the gearbox is open it appears they are the wrong ones and fit the later model gearboxes. The parts dept can't get hold of the microfiche for my renault to read the above mentioned part numbers and I wondered if anybody could help me.
It is a 1972 R 1126 and the gearbox is a 334-10 type (4 gears with the 1st gear in the position where the second gear is on modern cars)

So if anybody has the catalogue and is kind enough to e mail me the numbers of the synchrorings, clips and the diff oil seal, that would be fantastic and I cn order these parts from the guys in Tunbridge Wells

Thanks
Leon

The catalogue is PR 953 section 31. If you send me your address via the PRIVATE MESSAGE facility I'll send you photocopies of this and the other Type 334 pages.

Lifestyle Renault are absolutely great for obtaining parts from France and every forum reader should be using them.

Thanks Benchseat
Lifestyle Renault got back to me today and they found the relevant part numbers. Unfortunately, they were unable to source any of them.
So it is back to drawing board for me. The box is in the gear box centre and all four springs are broken. The synchro rings are not worn too badly and it may be that the crunching between gear shifts was actually due to the broken springs, rather than the synchrorings. I may look into having the springs manufactured by a spring manufacturer in Redditch.

Thanks for the offer of sending me the photocopies though..
Leon

Hello Leon, you could try Derek Flavell at Renospeed, he really knows the 4 inside out, and may be able to advise you or even get the bits you need. Regards Brian.

Back