Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

T Reg Renault 1.6 Sport

claired

I hope someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction...I bought the megane over a month ago now and it has been back and forth in garages. The dealer I bought it off says it didn't come with a warrante and also he says he doesn't know what is up with it...it doesn't seem like anyone does!!

Basically it judders!! At traffic lights its especially noticable. But I can live with that!! After about half an hour (if Im lucky) of driving - when changing gears - mainly between 2nd and 3rd, the car will not go above 10mph - even with my foot flat on the floor!! then I'll change gear, and it'll lurch forward, only to slow back down to 10mph again. So im able to drive it - if I constantly switch between 2nd and 3rd gear.

The coil packs (all 4 of them) have been replaced, as has the front engine mount and the rear drive shaft...I just feel like I'm being conned for money now...the latest suggestion is that the temperature gauge will need replacing.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation please?!?!?! I'm getting so fed up of it now!!

Get someone to check the earth leads. I had one in similar to this last year - for a while I thought it might be ECU, then I hit lucky. There is an earth lead that bolts to the engine at the back of the head at the timing belt end ~ wiggle that while the engine is running - if the engine running alters it is breaking up and needs repairing. If it is that it's an easy fix ~ but pain to locate first time round.

Back