Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Tappets,Valve clearances

andymissen

LobeHole 58
In the beautiful Soar Valley Loughborough
Hi Folks, can anyone tell me what the setting is for these on our 1100 F4 (1985) and also the points gap,lost my haynes manual and am having trouble getting one,any suggestions? if anyone knows where there is one cash is waiting,thanks,Andy.

Ta for that Steve,looked on eBay and amazon but they only got the earlier publication up to 79.think i'll go down the Haynes route thencos need to get one sooner rather than later chap,regs Andy.

Hey Bluebell thanks,never thought about the sale and wanted route but will be trying it later,Cheers Andy

A good way to find stuff on eBay is to use the "save search" function. You can tell eBay to email you as soon as a matching item is listed. This saves a lot of time searching every day and can sometimes stop you overlooking things.
Suprisingly it's totaly free! :smile:

Sorry I don't know the valve clearance setting, I understand there is some debate regarding the use of unleaded fuel which is why I've put off doing mine. I'm sure someone can help you though...

Last edited:
Sorry, forgot to answer the basic question before - and I work in inches!! Inlet 6 thou and exhaust 8 thou. Points 15 thou. You won't go far wrong with these settings.

Ta for that Steve,if it warms up tomorrow i'll do that mate,Regards Andy.

Back