Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The "new" Renault 4? Thanks but no...

Perhaps Mr Tata in India will start to market some of his ultra basic models over here.

Its not surprising I guess. if given the option do you want carpet or not most people will say of course. My ex land lord had a tin of paint spill in his car - the carpet was ruined ! he tried washing it when wet to no avail.

Kangoo

Similarly I've always considered the Kangoo ('car' version) to be the 90's Renault 4, based on Renault interpreting the original R4 design brief for the then current time. The only difference I can see being that the Kangoo 4 x 4 wasn't built by Sinpar! Although I've not owned one I think in 90's / 00's terms the Kangoo is one of Renaults more memorable designs from this period (though would stop short of describing it as an iconic design), and would wager that the 4x4 model may ultimately become slightly sought after given time...

I had to Google The Kangoo 'car', because we do't get it in Australia.

In reality, it is essentially the van that we get here. I love it!
The styling cues are close enough for me to a fourgonette. That's a big tick for me.
I have no desire to buy one.
It just re-affirms the original design as being very clever.

YES, I would love a 4X4 fourgonette!

David

I have no desire to buy one.

I have! In fact, I've just bought this one -

kangoo1pla.jpg

Wasn't really looking for a Kangoo, just needed something that can be a van when I need it to be (80% of the time) and useful for sticking small people and all their 'stuff' in the rest of the time. Should be very practical and cheap to run - just like an R4 then.

I'm rather looking forward to picking it up next week!

I quite like the 4x4 version of the Kangoo I reckon they'd be an excellent little winter tool around here!

one of my customers has a 4x4 trekka kangoo..1.9d...does about 25 to gallon..great looking car...

If I'd go for a new car, kangoo will be my choice... But, now, I think it's more probable another 4!

one of my customers has a 4x4 trekka kangoo..1.9d...does about 25 to gallon..great looking car...

:eek: 25 MPG!!! I'll keep my Kia Sedona then! I'd have hoped for around 40MPG

My old Sedona is our general hack car, it gets used for everything, towing, ferrying kids around and during the shooting season our mucky transport. It's worthless now on the market, but to us its priceless I'll stick another set of winter tyres on her and she'll do another few years yet!

He complained about it to me so i checked everything out and couldnt find any faults so i googled fuel consumption for the 4x4 kangoo and the telegraph i think came back with a road test on it....very poor but suppose its a heavy lump now and all wheel drive...stick to my old clio diesel i think, plus how reliable are renault 4x4s...hmmm Scenic
RX4...dreadful

Back