Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay 4L International 2012 - 7.8 July - Whos going?

Lobster

Enthusiast
Thenay 4L International 2012 - Not 'til 2013 now :(

As we now know, the 4th 4L International will be held at Thenay on 7/8th July 2012. We've plenty of time to get things sorted but just for starters, who is planning on going?

I'm 95% certain I'll be there. I'm doing it in less of a rush this time - should be there both days and leave Monday morning. I'd rather like to camp but as I'll probably have my small person with me it might be more practical to stay at the Etap in Amboise again.

So who else?

Last edited:
Niice one!

Sticking to you like glue Lobster! And missing Paris on the Friday - lesson learnt! Turn right at Calais.

Mark and co-driver Steve.

:p

Hi guys, I'm planning to go next year again, camping this time though, probably over on the Wednesday eve to Roscoff, and stay for about a week, linger, and take in the scenery. Do any of you Westcountry enthusiasts fancy joining me?:smile:

I'll be going and camping again for sure :) Not sure which route I'll take - that will depend on the relative prices of petrol and ferries, but it would be fun to meet up like last time :)

I'll decide on route and ferry nearer the time as well. Would be nice to meet up and do a bit of a convoy again though. Less mechanical mishaps and sleep deprivatition would also be good.

Bit tempted that I either need a hotel in Dover the night before or maybe Portsmouth - Caen overnight ferry.

I'll be going, not sure whether Judith will be with me or not this time yet. We'll be camping it's the way to do this I believe...

If we organised it a little better we could get a group camping area set up this time, all depends if you like the noisy or quiet area or not.

The date is a little tricky for me but would love to go....Also would be nice to meet up witha few more of you this year for the drive down.
Pepper you can't be far away from me, and Malcolm is on the way down to the coast, I feel a convoy coming on...All we need is the CB radio for a full on 70's cheese experience!

Today I received this emailmessage from the organisation and their is a change in dates
Hello Jeffrey,

After meeting with our partners of Renault Classic, dates for this fourth edition of the INTERNATIONAL 4L are July 21st and 22nd, 2012.We are sorry for this change and ill hope that you will be many to join us for this big party.
Best reguards.

Raphaël/Chloé

That's a shame

Thanks Jeffrey but we'll now have to miss :mad: as other commitments then.

Ces't la vie

Mark and Steve

sorry to hear that :( but with this change it means we can go after all :D so now will be looking forward to it hooray :)

Mmm, it does put the ferry prices up though, it being a slightly later date, plus loads of screaming kids on the ferry, the little darlings. Still, once in France it will be all worth it.:smile: And I'm also sorry you and Steve can't make it now Mark.:(

All going to plan I will be there for sure. Hopefully get there Friday evening this time. Looking forward to it and to seeing you all again.

It will be sad if Thenay has gone but if it is the case why do we not make a big effort to attend the Simply French day at Beaulieu and other 4 members from this forum could hop the channel in this direction.
Here is a reminder of what Brian said about the simply french weekend.
Gary

Since“retiring” in 2003, I have been working weekends at Beaulieu as Rally Officer for car and commercial club rallies which are normally organised by the participating club and I simply oversee the event and collect themonies/tickets.

This year, we actually organised some more weekend events ourselves on the“Simply ........” theme which have been very successful and well attended - the Simply Ford event filled virtually every spaceavailable. Simply Italian, Simply Mazda and Simply Classics plus theGerman Show and Motorcycle Ride-in were all very popular.
The format is very simple (no pun intended) in that any vehicle of any age in the relevant category is welcome, no pre-booking is necessary, entry is £10 per head which entitles the vehicle to be displayed plus entry to the whole Beaulieu complex (normally about £17 per head). Clubs can have their own designated area (whatever size they require) at no cost and since participants only pay when they turn up, there is no financial burden or risk to a club.

In 2012, we are holding our first “Simply French” day on Sunday 8th July and as a Renault Classic Car Club member myself, I would be very happy to see it included as a Club event next year and organise a location for a Club area. There are numerous possibilities and opportunities at Beaulieu and Iwould be pleased to progress any ideas and thoughts to make this a special dayfor the RCCC.

It does prioritise Beaulieu in my diary now.

Which to be honest wouldn't be a disapointment for me as I've not been to the museum before.

Back