Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay travel plans

Stuart Delahoy

Enthusiast
Just got my backside in gear and booked my travel for the big one.

Now call me wimp if you like but I'm taking the '66 RHD sunroof saloon on a trailer behind the Avantime and making a family trip of it.

Out on the 14th, overnight Portsmouth to Le Havre and back on the monday at 1700.

I hope to take in the Musee Des 24 Heures at Le Mans on the way down and the Musee Matra, which is very near, while there...

Anybody else taking this ferry? would be nice to say hello and meet up...

Hi Lobster

I'm on the Dover - Calais Fri 15 Jul 2011 08:10 Sailing.

Have we got a Convoy ?

I'm on the Dover - Calais Fri 15 Jul 2011 08:10 Sailing.

Have we got a Convoy ?

Yes, I'd say so!

I know there are one or two others either crossing that morning or the previous evening so it might be handy to have a rendezvous point in France for the Friday morning if we are to have a convoy to Thenay on the Friday.

Might I suggest on the seafront at Calais next to the port - that way R4'ers on the ferry can identify those already waiting! Otherwise perhaps one of the service 'aires' on the A16 just outside Calais / Boulogne?

Either way, I'll get my ferry booked in the next week or so.

Hi Mr Gorilla
The Avi sold about 400 in RHD in the UK and about 4000 in all I believe. But now with the price of tax and petrol a good one is worth less than a top condition R4 GTL!
Still I love them both and this looks to be a way to keep all parties happy.
See you in France...

I always wanted an Avantime, but the wife always wants seven seats so we ended up with our Kia Sedona. (which is fine btw) But it's not an Avantime!

Our plan is to stay at the B&B St Pierre hotel just a few hundred yards of J 44 of the A16.
There is a car park at the Hotel or another by the Macdonalds across the road where there is pleanty of room.
How about a meet there ,those staying over will already be there and it is a good starting point for the trip.
Gary

Our plan is to stay at the B&B St Pierre hotel just a few hundred yards of J 44 of the A16.
There is a car park at the Hotel or another by the Macdonalds across the road where there is pleanty of room.
How about a meet there ,those staying over will already be there and it is a good starting point for the trip.
Gary

Sounds good to me.

I just need to decide which one I will be driving, then book my ferry and so on, should have that sorted in the next week or so anyway.

We have booked the euro tunnel for friday 15th july. I have decided to leave friday evening as we will be going down in the ageing Traction. Once in france (by about 11pm french time) we will book into a motel probably around Calais for a decent rest, ready for an early start and the long drive to Le Moulin Bodin on saturday to pick up Ian - Then thenay here we come!

Back